RailRiders shutout IronPigs
(Moosic, Pa) - The Lehigh Valley IronPigs (27-24) fell into an early hole that they couldn't climb out of as they lost to the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders (29-20) by a score of 8-0. They trailed 4-0 after the bottom of first inning and are now three games back in the North Division.
Enyel De Los Santos (2-1) lasted just two innings as he gave up those four runs in the bottom of the first inning. Mike Tauchman hit an RBI single that was followed by a sacrifice fly from Kyle Higashioka. Tyler Wade hit a two-run home run after Higashioka plated Breyvic Valera.
Alexis Rivero pitched three shutout innings in relief of De Los Santos. In the process, RailRiders starting pitcher Chance Adams (3-1) pitched six shutout innings. He gave up just four hits while striking out three batters.
Mike Ford hit a three-run home run off Kyle Dohy in the bottom of the seventh inning to extend the RailRiders lead to 7-0. Dohy pitched two innings in relief of Rivero.
Scranton/Wilkes-Barre got another run in the bottom of the eighth inning as Valera hit an RBI double off Josh Tols that scored Brad Miller.
The Pigs and RailRiders play at 4:05 on Saturday afternoon at PNC Field.
The 2019 IronPigs season is the team's 12th as the top affiliate for the Philadelphia Phillies and 12th at Coca-Cola Park. Follow the IronPigs on Twitter at @IronPigs and like them on Facebook via www.facebook.com/LHVIronPigs.
The 2019 IronPigs season is presented by Capital BlueCross.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from May 31, 2019
- Rain Delay Stifles Bulls Offense in Loss - Durham Bulls
- Red Wings Knock off Bisons in Extras, 5-4 - Buffalo Bisons
- Tribe Trip Error-Prone Stripers with 4-1 Victory - Indianapolis Indians
- Wings Top Bisons in Walk-Off Fashion - Rochester Red Wings
- Stripers Commit Four Errors, Lose 4-1 in Indianapolis - Gwinnett Stripers
- Chance Adams tosses six scoreless innings as SWB combines for second shutout of season - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Taijeron, Mets Mash Their Way Past PawSox - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Hens Fall as Peterson Brothers Duel - Toledo Mud Hens
- Mella Dazzles, Bats Win 4-0 - Louisville Bats
- RailRiders shutout IronPigs - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Dominant Nicolino Leads Knights to 4-0 Win - Charlotte Knights
- Taijeron Hits First Syracuse Cycle in 32 Years as Mets Beat Red Sox, 13-4 - Syracuse Mets
- OF Matt Kemp Joins Syracuse - Syracuse Mets
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (30-20) vs. Gwinnett Stripers (31-22) - Indianapolis Indians
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Rochester (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- SWB Red Barons Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.