RailRiders shutout IronPigs
(Moosic, Pa) - The Lehigh Valley IronPigs (27-24) fell into an early hole that they couldn't climb out of as they lost to the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders (29-20) by a score of 8-0. They trailed 4-0 after the bottom of first inning and are now three games back in the North Division.
Enyel De Los Santos (2-1) lasted just two innings as he gave up those four runs in the bottom of the first inning. Mike Tauchman hit an RBI single that was followed by a sacrifice fly from Kyle Higashioka. Tyler Wade hit a two-run home run after Higashioka plated Breyvic Valera.
Alexis Rivero pitched three shutout innings in relief of De Los Santos. In the process, RailRiders starting pitcher Chance Adams (3-1) pitched six shutout innings. He gave up just four hits while striking out three batters.
Mike Ford hit a three-run home run off Kyle Dohy in the bottom of the seventh inning to extend the RailRiders lead to 7-0. Dohy pitched two innings in relief of Rivero.
Scranton/Wilkes-Barre got another run in the bottom of the eighth inning as Valera hit an RBI double off Josh Tols that scored Brad Miller.
The Pigs and RailRiders play at 4:05 on Saturday afternoon at PNC Field.
The 2019 IronPigs season is the team's 12th as the top affiliate for the Philadelphia Phillies and 12th at Coca-Cola Park. Follow the IronPigs on Twitter at @IronPigs and like them on Facebook via www.facebook.com/LHVIronPigs.
The 2019 IronPigs season is presented by Capital BlueCross.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from May 31, 2019
- Rain Delay Stifles Bulls Offense in Loss - Durham Bulls
- Red Wings Knock off Bisons in Extras, 5-4 - Buffalo Bisons
- Tribe Trip Error-Prone Stripers with 4-1 Victory - Indianapolis Indians
- Wings Top Bisons in Walk-Off Fashion - Rochester Red Wings
- Stripers Commit Four Errors, Lose 4-1 in Indianapolis - Gwinnett Stripers
- Chance Adams tosses six scoreless innings as SWB combines for second shutout of season - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Taijeron, Mets Mash Their Way Past PawSox - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Hens Fall as Peterson Brothers Duel - Toledo Mud Hens
- Mella Dazzles, Bats Win 4-0 - Louisville Bats
- RailRiders shutout IronPigs - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Dominant Nicolino Leads Knights to 4-0 Win - Charlotte Knights
- Taijeron Hits First Syracuse Cycle in 32 Years as Mets Beat Red Sox, 13-4 - Syracuse Mets
- OF Matt Kemp Joins Syracuse - Syracuse Mets
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (30-20) vs. Gwinnett Stripers (31-22) - Indianapolis Indians
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Rochester (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- SWB Red Barons Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lehigh Valley IronPigs Stories
- #HopeningDay to Feature Virtual Baseball Telecast
- 'All Abilities' Night Features Sign Language Jersey Auction
- Pig Day Celebration to be Held Friday, March 6
- IronPigs Release Full Promotional Calendar for the 2020 Season
- 2020 Bobblehead Lineup, Jersey Auction Dates Announced