RailCats Activate IF Randy Santiesteban from Disabled List
GARY, Ind. - The RailCats have activated infielder Randy Santiesteban from the 7-Day Disabled List. In a corresponding move, outfielder John Price Jr. was placed on the Disabled List retroactive to June 9th.
Santiesteban has played eight games, all at shortstop, this season with the RailCats, batting .167 with one home run and five RBIs. He is in his third season with the RailCats. He hit .257 with two home runs and 25 RBIs during the 2017 campaign.
Price Jr. is in his first season of professional baseball, batting .200 in five games with one RBI while playing in both right and left field.
The RailCats finish a weeklong road trip with three games in Winnipeg beginning at 11:00 this morning before returning home on Friday for a weekend series against the Sioux City Explorers. Friday night is the first of two Scout Nights this season, featuring scouts camping on the field overnight at the U.S. Steel Yard and being treated to a movie, s'mores, and Saturday morning breakfast.
Jared Shlensky and Brennan Mense bring you all 100 RailCats game this season on WEFM (95.9 FM) and online at railcatsbaseball.com. Ticket packages for the 2018 Gary SouthShore RailCats season are available online at railcatsbaseball.com and can also be purchased by calling the RailCats ticket line at (219) 882-BALL. The RailCats box office is open Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from June 11, 2018
- Railroaders Walk 13 in Series-Opening Loss to Wingnuts - Cleburne Railroaders
- Wichita Walks to Series-Opening Win - Wichita Wingnuts
- Saints Fall Just Short to RedHawks, Lose 5-4 - St. Paul Saints
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Saltdogs Re-Sign Veteran Pitcher Shairon Martis, Add Former Triple-A Arm Kuzminsky - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Wingnuts Add Trio of Arms, Including Former Shocker - Wichita Wingnuts
- T-Bones Return Home this Week - Kansas City T-Bones
- Colin Willis Named AA Pointstreak Player of the Week - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Boshers Leads Goldeyes Past RailCats - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- RailCats Drop to Goldeyes, 2-1, in Series Opener - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Big Red: Root Named Pointstreak Pitcher of the Week - Chicago Dogs
- Dogs and Canaries Meet for Second Time in a Week - Chicago Dogs
- RailCats Activate IF Randy Santiesteban from Disabled List - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- AirHogs Hold on for Win in Sioux City Finale - Texas AirHogs
- Late Rally Not Enough as X's Lose to Texas - Sioux City Explorers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Gary SouthShore Railcats Stories
- RailCats Partner with Rieth-Riley for Free Boxed Lunch Distribution on Friday, May 22nd
- RailCats to Open 2020 Season with Virtual Opening Day on May 22
- RailCats Care Launched to Benefit Local Organizations
- RailCats Announce Latest Set of Off-Season Roster Moves
- RailCats Announce Front Office Additions Including American Association's First Female Lead Broadcaster