Radio Station Sponsors First-Of-Its Kind Promotion For Thunder and BlueClaws
LAKEWOOD, N.J. - Millennium Radio New Jersey, the Lakewood BlueClaws and the Trenton Thunder announced Wednesday that New Jersey 101.5 is the new media partner of the Kids Eat Free All Year promotion run by the two New Jersey affiliated baseball clubs.
"The Thunder and BlueClaws are running an exceptional promotion, and we were eager to do our part to help," said Bill Sauer, President/CEO of Millennium Radio New Jersey. "Times are tough out there and this program makes it a little easier for everyone with young kids."
The program, which is the first-of-its-kind in Minor League Baseball, enables all children ages 12 and under to eat for free at every BlueClaws home game at FirstEnergy Park in Lakewood or Thunder home game at Waterfront Park in Trenton.
Each child will receive a voucher for a hot dog, bag of chips and soda upon entering the gates.
The promotion was designed jointly by the BlueClaws and Thunder amid the current economic climate.
"Families are at the core of not just our clubs but also our communities," said Joe Finley, President of both the BlueClaws and Thunder. "We're able to help them in a tough time and we're very grateful for the help of New Jersey 101.5."
Lakewood and Trenton are the only two affiliated Minor League Baseball teams in the state of New Jersey. Together, they average close to 900,000 fans per year and are continually at the top of the attendance standings in their respective leagues and class-levels.
Contact the BlueClaws (Single-A, Phillies) at 732-901-7000 or online at www.BlueClaws.com. The Thunder (Double-A, Yankees) can be reached at 609-394-3300 or at www.TrentonThunder.com.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from April 15, 2009
- Bats Stay Hot as Baysox Bury SeaWolves - Bowie Baysox
- Thursday, April 16 Declared Altoona Curve Day In Blair County - Altoona Curve
- Thunder edge Harrisburg 3-2 on Wednesday night - Trenton Thunder
- Binghamton Earns Split with Reading, 5-2 - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Portland goes 4-3 on their opening homestand of the season - Portland Sea Dogs
- A Walk In The Park For Fisher Cats in 2-0 win over Defenders - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Defenders Fall 2-0/ Win Series 2-1 - Connecticut Defenders
- Curve Announce Time Change For Two Games - Altoona Curve
- Radio Station Sponsors First-Of-Its Kind Promotion For Thunder and BlueClaws - Trenton Thunder
- 2009 High School Baseball Series Begins Tomorrow - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Slam Downs Curve - Altoona Curve
- Santana's Slam Propels Aeros - Akron RubberDucks
- Party Like It's 1929 - Bowie Baysox
- Harrisburg Senators Opening Homestand Preview - Harrisburg Senators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Trenton Thunder Stories
- 2020 Thunder Season Canceled Due to COVID-19
- Update from the Trenton Thunder
- Individual Tickets on Sale Thursday, Promotional Schedule Revealed for 2020 Season
- Swing into 2020 with New Entertainment Suite at ARM & HAMMER Park
- Name Revealed for 4th Generation of Thunder Bat Dog Tradition