Quioto's Goal Not Enough for Impact
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - The Montreal Impact lost 3-1 against the Vancouver Whitecaps FC on Wednesday night, at BC Place, in Vancouver. Romell Quioto scored the only goal for Montreal. The Montreal Impact will play its next game this Sunday at 7pm EDT (TVA Sports, 98,5, TSN 690) against the Philadelphia Union, at Red Bull Arena, in Harrison, New Jersey.
Midfielder Romell Quioto scored his 5th goal in 10 games this season with the Impact, his 20th career MLS goal.
Midfielder Saphir TaÃ¯der played his 75th game with the Impact.
The video conference with Thierry Henry, Samuel Piette and Saphir TaÃ¯der is available here: https://mls.imagencloud.com/
VAN - Fredy Montero (PK) 41'
VAN - Cristian Dajome (David Milinkovic) 44'
MTL - Romell Quioto (Saphir TaÃ¯der) 70'
VAN - Fredy Montero (Leonard Owusu) 78'
VAN - Ranko Veselinovic 31'
MTL - Samuel Piette 45'+1'
MTL - Rudy Camacho 37'
MTL - Gk-Clément Diop; D-Jukka Raitala, Luis Binks, Rudy Camacho, Zachary Brault-Guillard; M-Orji Okwonkwo (Lassi Lappalainen 79'), Saphir TaÃ¯der, Samuel Piette (Bojan 78'), Shamit Shome (Rod Fanni 43'), Victor Wanyama; F-Romell Quioto
Subs not used: Evan Bush, Clément Bayiha, Joel Waterman, Jorge Corrales, Karifa Yao, Amar Sejdic
VAN - Gk-Thomas Hasal; D-Cristian Gutiérrez, Derek Cornelius, Jake Nerwinski, Ranko Veselinovic; M-Cristian Dajome (Yordy Reyna 89'), David Milinkovic (Ali Adnan 73'), Janio Bikel (Michael Baldisimo HT), Russell Teibert, Theo Bair (Leonard Owusu 62'); F-Fredy Montero (Tosaint Ricketts 89')
Subs not used: Bryan Meredith, Ãrik Godoy, Andy Rose, Ryan Raposo
"We controlled the game in the second half. I loved our reaction. We took the game in our hands. But once again, we need to learn, hopefully sooner rather than later. We wanted the three points for the league standings. It would have been great to make the comeback, but it didn't happen. Playing with 10 men was difficult."
"We all knew what was at stake tonight. If we would have won, we would have qualified for the final. It's very disappointing to us. And we lost the three points in the league standings. It's on us tonight. I'm disappointed because we had the control of the game. In the last game, the collective was really good and we continued on that today."
"Recently, there have been a few individual mistakes. We are disappointed by the result, but we won't focus only on one player. Since I'm at the club, the last three or four games have been our best soccer. I have fun playing because we attack. I find myself in the box. The coach talks a lot with us. It's a new system and we will be better if the collective works together."
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 17, 2020
- Climbing the Ranks: How Tah Brian Anunga Gave Nashville SC Midfield a Boost in First MLS Season - Nashville SC
- LA Galaxy vs Colorado Rapids: Keys to the Match: September 19, 2020 - Colorado Rapids
- Storylines: Keeping the Streak Alive - Orlando City SC
- Red Bulls Welcome FC Cincinnati Back to Red Bull Arena - New York Red Bulls
- Inter Miami to Visit Atlanta United FC on Saturday - Inter Miami CF
- Nashville SC Trades Adrian Zendejas to Minnesota United FC - Nashville SC
- MNUFC Acquire Goalkeeper Adrian Zendejas from Nashville Sc - Minnesota United FC
- Sounders FC Signs Defender Brad Smith - Seattle Sounders FC
- Major League Soccer, Black Players for Change and MLS Players Association Team up to Launch MLS Unites to Vote - MLS
- AMB Sports and Entertainment Partners with When We All Vote and Wondaland for Fuel the Vote and Wondalunch Event September 26 - Atlanta United FC
- New York City FC Announces Youth-Led Voting Campaign - New York City FC
- Vako, Earthquakes Draw Portland Timbers - San Jose Earthquakes
- Timbers Record 1-1 Draw on the Road against San Jose Earthquakes - Portland Timbers
- Quioto's Goal Not Enough for Impact - Montreal Impact
- 'Caps finish homestand on winning note behind strong team effort - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- FC Dallas Hammers the Colorado Rapids 4-1 at Toyota Stadium - FC Dallas
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.