AMB Sports and Entertainment Partners with When We All Vote and Wondaland for Fuel the Vote and Wondalunch Event September 26
Atlanta, GA - AMB Sports and Entertainment (AMBSE) today announced they are joining forces with When We All Vote and Janelle Monae's Wondaland to host Fuel the Vote and Wondalunch, a drive-thru voter registration and food distribution event in The Home Depot Backyard to encourage voter registration leading up to the general election. The organizations are partnering with The Atlanta Community Food Bank, The New Georgia Project, Project Isaiah and Live Nation Urban to bring food and music to the event.
AMBSE is committed to inspiring communities in Atlanta and throughout the state of Georgia to participate in democracy and use their most powerful voice - their vote. This event aims to provide a service to the community by both registering voters, providing meals to families in need and having fun while doing it with the hope to change the culture around voting and make it a way of life. Partnering with like-minded organizations such as When We All Vote is a powerful way to spread that message and provide tools for individuals to directly impact the issues they care about and create the future they want to see.
"As an organization, we want to make a positive impact in our communities and this is arguably one of the most important things we could host in The Home Depot Backyard," said Steve Cannon, CEO, AMB Sports and Entertainment. "Our goal is simple: we want to encourage the people of Atlanta to show up to make their voice heard in the general election. We are thrilled to work with When We All Vote and all the participating partners who are truly change agents in their respective industries and are excited to do our part in getting the community involved in our democratic society."
When We All Vote is on a mission to close the race and age voting gaps by strategically hosting Fuel the Vote in cities with concentrated populations of historically underrepresented voters, including young people and people of color. The partnership is in alignment with the Blank Family of Businesses' (BFOB) goal to drive voter participation through education, registration and activation. In addition to the event, the BFOB commits to engaging Associates, fans and the community through a multimedia campaign that targets unregistered voters, including the Atlanta Falcons "Rise Up and Vote" and Atlanta United's "United We Vote" campaigns.
Fuel the Vote and Wondalunch is presented by AMBSE, When We All Vote and Wondaland, in partnership with The Atlanta Community Food Bank, Project Isaiah, Live Nation Urban, Grady Health System, and 76® Gas. The event will allow eligible residents to register to vote and check their status as well as provide food for roughly 2,500 families. During the event, volunteers will follow COVID-19 social distancing and mask protocols. To register for the event on September 26 in the Home Depot Backyard, visit https://www.mobilize.us/whenweallvote/event/320626/.
Additional participating cities include: Charlotte, Detroit, Miami, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia and Phoenix.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 17, 2020
- Climbing the Ranks: How Tah Brian Anunga Gave Nashville SC Midfield a Boost in First MLS Season - Nashville SC
- LA Galaxy vs Colorado Rapids: Keys to the Match: September 19, 2020 - Colorado Rapids
- Storylines: Keeping the Streak Alive - Orlando City SC
- Red Bulls Welcome FC Cincinnati Back to Red Bull Arena - New York Red Bulls
- Inter Miami to Visit Atlanta United FC on Saturday - Inter Miami CF
- Nashville SC Trades Adrian Zendejas to Minnesota United FC - Nashville SC
- MNUFC Acquire Goalkeeper Adrian Zendejas from Nashville Sc - Minnesota United FC
- Sounders FC Signs Defender Brad Smith - Seattle Sounders FC
- Major League Soccer, Black Players for Change and MLS Players Association Team up to Launch MLS Unites to Vote - MLS
- AMB Sports and Entertainment Partners with When We All Vote and Wondaland for Fuel the Vote and Wondalunch Event September 26 - Atlanta United FC
- New York City FC Announces Youth-Led Voting Campaign - New York City FC
- Vako, Earthquakes Draw Portland Timbers - San Jose Earthquakes
- Timbers Record 1-1 Draw on the Road against San Jose Earthquakes - Portland Timbers
- Quioto's Goal Not Enough for Impact - Montreal Impact
- 'Caps finish homestand on winning note behind strong team effort - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- FC Dallas Hammers the Colorado Rapids 4-1 at Toyota Stadium - FC Dallas
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.