Red Bulls Welcome FC Cincinnati Back to Red Bull Arena
HARRISON, N.J. - Bouncing back from a two-match losing with a road win, the New York Red Bulls (4-5-2, 14 pts) look to string consecutive positive results as they host FC Cincinnati (2-6-3, 9 pts) on Saturday at Red Bull Arena. Saturday's kickoff is scheduled for 7 p.m. with coverage on MSG, MSG Go and New York Red Bulls Radio on TuneIn.
Coverage on MSG begins at 6:30 p.m. ET with the Red Bulls Pregame show. Steve Cangialosi will have the primary play-by-play responsibilities and will be alongside Shep Messing and Michelle Gingras.
New York Red Bulls Radio begins at 6 p.m. EST with Countdown to Kickoff, presented by Honda, hosted by Matt Harmon and Steve Jolley. Ernesto Motta will carry the Spanish play-by-play responsibilities, beginning at 6:30 p.m.
New York and Cincinnati will meet for the third time this season, having split the previous two matches. The Red Bulls defeated Cincy, 3-2, in the 2020 season opener at Red Bull Arena, while Cincinnati earned a 2-0 win over New York at the MLS is Back Tournament in Orlando to advance to the quarterfinals. New York is 2-0-0 against Cincy at Red Bull Arena and have outscored their opponent, 4-2 at RBA.
New York bounced back from its back-to-back losses with a 2-0 win over D.C. United at Audi Field. The Red Bulls are 8-5-4 in MLS regular-season play following a loss with a plus-seven goal differential (25 GF, 18 GA) and have recorded seven multi-goal performances following a loss since the beginning of 2019. New York improved to 3-0-1 at Audi Field and is 6-1-5 against D.C. United in the last 12 MLS regular-season matches.
Kaku had his hand in both goals against D.C. United last weekend to help propel New York to a 2-0 win. It was the Argentine No. 10's fourth career multi-assist match and first since May 20, 2018 at Atlanta United. Kaku moved into New York's Top-10 all-time assists and game-winning assists list with his 22nd and 23rd career MLS regular-season assist and his seventh career game-winning assist. He moved into a tie with Clint Mathis for 10th on the franchise's top-10 all-time assists and ranks tied-for seventh at New York in game-winning assists with Kemar Lawrence, Tab Ramos, Lloyd Sam and Seth Stammler.
New York travels to Florida for a mid-week match with Inter Miami CF on Wednesday. Kickoff at Inter Miami CF Stadium is set for 8 p.m. with coverage on MSG and New York Red Bulls Radio in English and Spanish.
Red Bull Arena - 7 p.m. EST (MSG)
Saturday, September 19, 2020
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 17, 2020
- Climbing the Ranks: How Tah Brian Anunga Gave Nashville SC Midfield a Boost in First MLS Season - Nashville SC
- LA Galaxy vs Colorado Rapids: Keys to the Match: September 19, 2020 - Colorado Rapids
- Storylines: Keeping the Streak Alive - Orlando City SC
- Red Bulls Welcome FC Cincinnati Back to Red Bull Arena - New York Red Bulls
- Inter Miami to Visit Atlanta United FC on Saturday - Inter Miami CF
- Nashville SC Trades Adrian Zendejas to Minnesota United FC - Nashville SC
- MNUFC Acquire Goalkeeper Adrian Zendejas from Nashville Sc - Minnesota United FC
- Sounders FC Signs Defender Brad Smith - Seattle Sounders FC
- Major League Soccer, Black Players for Change and MLS Players Association Team up to Launch MLS Unites to Vote - MLS
- AMB Sports and Entertainment Partners with When We All Vote and Wondaland for Fuel the Vote and Wondalunch Event September 26 - Atlanta United FC
- New York City FC Announces Youth-Led Voting Campaign - New York City FC
- Vako, Earthquakes Draw Portland Timbers - San Jose Earthquakes
- Timbers Record 1-1 Draw on the Road against San Jose Earthquakes - Portland Timbers
- Quioto's Goal Not Enough for Impact - Montreal Impact
- 'Caps finish homestand on winning note behind strong team effort - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- FC Dallas Hammers the Colorado Rapids 4-1 at Toyota Stadium - FC Dallas
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Red Bulls Stories
- New York Red Bulls Defenders Aaron Long and Kyle Duncan Earn U.S. Men's National Team Call-Ups
- New York Red Bulls Announce End of Year Roster Decisions
- Red Bulls Knocked out of MLS Cup Playoffs; Fall to Columbus, 3-2
- New York Travels to Columbus for Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs Round One Matchup
- New York Red Bulls Players and Pediatric Patients Virtually Design Posters to Mark Five-Year Anniversary of Tackle Kids Cancer