Providence Bruins Announce Details for 2020-21 Season
The Providence Bruins announced today that they will be playing games for the 2020-21 American Hockey League season at the New England Sports Center (NESC) in Marlborough, MA. The Dunkin' Donuts Center, the home of the Providence Bruins, is unavailable for this season as it is being used by the State of Rhode Island for various Covid-19 related initiatives. The 2020-21 American Hockey League season will see the Providence Bruins play an abbreviated playing schedule beginning in early February and ending in early May. More details about the upcoming season will be announced at a later date.
H. Larue Renfroe, Owner/Chairman of the Providence Bruins, said "We welcome the Providence Bruins to the New England Sports Center for this season with no fans. We do so with a heavy heart as the team belongs at the Dunk, where we look forward to returning to next season and beyond. The Boston-Providence partnership is very strong and we are playing this season to support the Bruins as they play for a Stanley Cup."
"The relationship between the Boston and Providence Bruins is critical to our player development and future success," said Bruins President Cam Neely. "Given the unprecedented circumstances, we are very grateful that the New England Sports Center can host the team this season, and we look forward to the Bruins' return to Providence, not only for the 21-22 season, but for many more to come."
Lawrence Lepore, General Manager of the Dunkin Donuts Center-Providence, said "On behalf of the Dunkin Donuts Center we thank the Bruins for the outstanding long-term partnership and appreciate the flexibility they have shown this season while the Dunk is used for Covid-19 initiatives. We look forward to next season when the team returns to take the ice at the Dunk for many successful seasons thereafter."
I want to thank our fans, season ticket members, corporate partners and suite holders for the amazing support," said Jeff Hagan, COO of the Providence Bruins. "Ticket memberships and partnerships are on sale now for the 2021-22 season, and we will need all the support of our fans and the corporate community as we rebuild the business for our return to the Dunk next season."
For information about ticket memberships or corporate partnerships for the 2021-22 season please visit www.providencebruins.com. For all questions from media, ticket members, or suite holders please contact Jeff Hagan at firstname.lastname@example.org. For all partnership related questions please contact Jeff Guarino at email@example.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 4, 2021
- 28 Teams to Participate in 2020-21 American Hockey League Season - Toronto Marlies
- Griffins to Return to Play in February - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Heat Among 28 AHL Teams Participating in 2021 Season - Stockton Heat
- Checkers will not participate in 2020-21 AHL Season - Charlotte Checkers
- Chicago Wolves, American Hockey League Ready to Play - Chicago Wolves
- 2020-2021 AHL Season Starts February 5 - Tucson Roadrunners
- San Diego Gulls Statement on Participation in 2020-21 Season - San Diego Gulls
- Canucks & Blues to Share AHL Affiliate Utica Comets - Utica Comets
- Ontario Reign to Play 2020-21 AHL Season - Ontario Reign
- AHL Announces 20-21 Season Details - Ontario Reign
- 28 Teams to Participate in 2020-21 AHL Season Including IceHogs - Rockford IceHogs
- 28 Teams to Participate in 2020-21 American Hockey League Season - San Jose Barracuda
- Colorado Eagles to Begin 2020-21 AHL Season February 5th - Colorado Eagles
- Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Among 28 Teams to Participate in 2020-21 American Hockey League Season - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Providence Bruins Announce Details for 2020-21 Season - Providence Bruins
- 28 Teams to Participate in 2020-21 American Hockey League Season - Hershey Bears
- 28 Teams to Participate in 2020-21 American Hockey League Season - Syracuse Crunch
- Amerks Among American Hockey League's Return to Play Plan for 2020-21 Season - Rochester Americans
- Comets One of 28 Teams to Participate in 2020-21 American Hockey League Season - Utica Comets
- Admirals Opt out of 2020-21 AHL Season - Milwaukee Admirals
- 28 Teams to Participate in 2020-21 American Hockey League Season - AHL
- Springfield Thunderbirds Announce Voluntary Suspension for 2020-2021 AHL Season - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Chicago Blackhawks Training Camp Roster Packed with IceHogs - Rockford IceHogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Providence Bruins Stories
- P-Bruins Fall to Bridgeport Sound Tigers, 3-2
- P-Bruins Collect Third Consecutive Win in 5-2 Victory over Hartford Wolf Pack
- Vladar Stands Tall, Senyshyn Scores Game-Winner as P-Bruins Beat Bridgeport Sound Tigers, 1-0
- Three Unanswered Third Period Goals Propel P-Bruins to Win over Bridgeport
- P-Bruins Fail to Score, Lose to Hartford Wolf Pack, 4-0