Players Grilled Cheeses at Stade Saputo
NTREAL - As of the next game this Saturday, at 1pm, at Stade Saputo, against the New England Revolution, you can indulge in a traditional North American treat that will henceforth be available at concession stands: the IMFC grilled cheeses.
Excellent tickets for this game are still available.
"We're extremely happy to launch a new food product at Stade Saputo, which we hope will quickly become a new tradition" said the director of communications at the Montreal Impact, Patrick Vallée. "We wanted a unique, affordable product, and at Stade Saputo, grilled cheeses were a must. The IMFC grilled cheeses are as of now a part of our more and more diverse menu."
"I'm proud to have been asked by the Impact to participate in this project," said chef Danny Smiles. "Not only because I'm a soccer enthusiast and a supporter of the Montreal Impact, but because I had a great time creating these grilled cheeses with the players. A grilled cheese is fun to eat during a game, it isn't expensive, and everyone likes them, so it's perfect."
You can taste all four varieties of the IMFC grilled cheeses made according to the tastes and cultures of four players:
The number 1 (of Evan Bush) - Mozzarella cheese, pickles, mustard, in a hot-dog bread
The number 6 (of Samuel Piette) - Gouda cheese, smoked meat and mustard in a hamburger bread
The number 33 (of Bacary Sagna) - Triple cream brie cheese in rye bread
The number 10 (of Nacho Piatti) - Provolone cheese and chorizo in a hot-dog bread
IMFC grilled cheeses will be available in three of Stade Saputo's concession stands, close to sections 115, 124, and 131, starting at only $2.83 (plus taxes), as well as in the suites and mezzanines.
About chef Danny "Smiles" Francis
Native of Montreal and aged 34 years old, Danny Smiles is the chef and co-owner of restaurant Le Bremmer, located in the Old Port. He recently won the culinary competition Iron Chef Canada in 2018 and was a finalist in season 3 of Top Chef Canada. Along with Chuck Hughes, they will be the chefs for Osheaga Artist World in 2019 for an eighth consecutive year. He also took part in a traineeship in Italy with Michelin star chefs.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 16, 2019
- Know Your Opponent | FC Cincinnati - Orlando City SC
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Loans Stefan Cleveland, Grant Lillard to Lansing Ignite FC - Chicago Fire
- Nashville SC to Acquire MLS Winger David Accam in Trade with Columbus Crew SC - Nashville SC
- Columbus Crew SC Acquires General and Targeted Allocation Money in Trade with Nashville SC - Columbus Crew SC
- Timbers, Thorns FC Announce Expanded Partnership with Special Olympics Oregon - Portland Timbers
- Match Preview: New York and Atlanta Set for Primetime Sunday Matchup - New York Red Bulls
- FC Dallas Visits LAFC Tonight: 5 Things You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- Players Grilled Cheeses at Stade Saputo - Montreal Impact
- Sounders FC Wins Second in a Row with 2-1 Victory over Orlando City - Seattle Sounders FC
- Crepeau stands tall, but 'Caps fall in tight match versus defending champs - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Atlanta United Defeats Vancouver Whitecaps FC 1-0 for MLS Record Fifth Consecutive Shutout Victory - Atlanta United FC
- Orlando City Falls 2-1 at Seattle - Orlando City SC
- Timbers Earn Point on the Road in Draw with Houston Dynamo - Portland Timbers
- Dynamo Draw Portland 1-1 to Continue Strong Start to Season - Houston Dynamo
- Chelsea FC Tops Revolution, 3-0, in "Final Whistle on Hate" Charity Match - New England Revolution
- Toronto FC (0) - D.C. United (0) Post Game Summary - Toronto FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Montreal Impact Stories
- Montreal Impact Foundation Donates Multisport Mini-Field to Parc Joe-Beef
- Orji Okwonkwo Named Impact Most Valuable Player
- Montreal Impact's Possible Opponents in CONCACAF Champions League Are Known
- Impact Shuts out New York Red Bulls 3-0
- Impact Hosts New York Red Bulls on Fan Appreciation Day