Know Your Opponent | FC Cincinnati
Another year, another new team to study up on. Yes, up next for City is Major League Soccer debutants FC Cincinnati. The Lions will host the Ohio club on Sunday at Orlando City Stadium with kickoff set for 3:00 p.m. Cincy has already realized life in the top flight isn't as smooth as the lower divisions. The club made a coaching change just days ago after five straight losses and are looking for a new General Manager. Here is what you need to know about Major League Soccer's newest club:
This portion of Know Your Opponent could be a long one but we'll stick to the key figures that Cincinnati went after in their first offseason and important notes on their roster build.
For starters, Cincy built early on with guys that got them to MLS. 11 players were carried over from their 2018 USL Championship side including Fanendo Adi, Fatai Alashe and Spencer Richey who were acquired with the transition to MLS in mind.
Other notable names that were more recent acquisitions include Kekuta Manneh, Kenny Saief, Alvas Powell, Kendall Waston, Leonardo Bertone and Greg Garza.
Who's Hot and Who's Not?
The good news for FC Cincinnati, nine players have scored a goal which is a nice balance. The bad news, only one of those players has more than one goal and that's Allan Cruz who has tallied two in 654 minutes played. It's a similar story in the assist column. Darren Mattocks and Kenny Saief are the only players with more than one assist, and again, they only have two to their names.
As we previously mentioned, it's been a rough start for FC Cincinnati. The club's inaugural Head Coach, Alan Koch, was let go after 11 games and replaced with 29-year-old Interim Manager Yoann Damet. In the club's last six games they have lost five and were held scoreless in all five of those matches.
This is a no brainer, City is 0-0-0 all-time against FC Cincinnati.
Fun Fact presented by Rasmussen College
This will not be FC Cincinnati's first visit to Orlando City Stadium. The club played against Orlando City B back in 2017 with the match ending 1-1. Jimmy McLaughlin, Corben Bone and Justin Hoyte featured in the match and are still with FC Cincinnati.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 16, 2019
- Know Your Opponent | FC Cincinnati - Orlando City SC
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Loans Stefan Cleveland, Grant Lillard to Lansing Ignite FC - Chicago Fire
- Nashville SC to Acquire MLS Winger David Accam in Trade with Columbus Crew SC - Nashville SC
- Columbus Crew SC Acquires General and Targeted Allocation Money in Trade with Nashville SC - Columbus Crew SC
- Timbers, Thorns FC Announce Expanded Partnership with Special Olympics Oregon - Portland Timbers
- Match Preview: New York and Atlanta Set for Primetime Sunday Matchup - New York Red Bulls
- FC Dallas Visits LAFC Tonight: 5 Things You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- Players Grilled Cheeses at Stade Saputo - Montreal Impact
- Sounders FC Wins Second in a Row with 2-1 Victory over Orlando City - Seattle Sounders FC
- Crepeau stands tall, but 'Caps fall in tight match versus defending champs - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Atlanta United Defeats Vancouver Whitecaps FC 1-0 for MLS Record Fifth Consecutive Shutout Victory - Atlanta United FC
- Orlando City Falls 2-1 at Seattle - Orlando City SC
- Timbers Earn Point on the Road in Draw with Houston Dynamo - Portland Timbers
- Dynamo Draw Portland 1-1 to Continue Strong Start to Season - Houston Dynamo
- Chelsea FC Tops Revolution, 3-0, in "Final Whistle on Hate" Charity Match - New England Revolution
- Toronto FC (0) - D.C. United (0) Post Game Summary - Toronto FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando City SC Stories
- Know Your Opponent | Portland Timbers
- Storylines | City vs. Portland Timbers
- Preview: Orlando City Look for Third-Consecutive Result Thursday in Portland
- Benji Michel Scores Late Game-Winner to Earn Lions 1-0 Victory over Columbus
- Storylines | City vs. Columbus Crew SC