FC Dallas Visits LAFC Tonight: 5 Things You Need to Know
Dallas (5-4-2, 17 points) faces Los Angeles (8-1-3, 27 points) on Thursday, May 16 at 9 PM CT at Banc of California Stadium. This is the first of two back-to-back meetings between the teams with LA traveling to play at Toyota Stadium on Sunday in a match presented by Toyota.
Details You Need to Know:
Gameday Social: #LAvD
TV: 9PM CT on ESPN2
Radio: 9PM CT on Dallas.com/Radio (English) and 1270AM (Spanish)
Next Home Match: Dallas hosts Los Angeles on Sunday, May 19 at 6:30PM CT.
5 Things to Know About #LAvD
Back to Back
This will be the 22nd time in Dallas history that it plays the same team in back-to-back games at different venues. In away matches of this kind, D has a 3-11-7 record whereas it has a 13-5-3 record in the home games. With the games taking place on Thursday and Sunday, this will be only the 7th time in D's history that it plays back-to-back home and away games against the same opposition within a three-day span.
Coverage You Might Have Missed:
Dallas/LA Clash with Similar Philosophies on the Pitch (ProSoccerUSA)
Despite Scheduling Quirk, Focus Remains the Same for Dallas and Luchi Gonzalez (Dallas Morning News)
Why Dallas' Paxton Pomykal May be Key to US U-20 World Cup Campaign (MLSsoccer.com)
With Qualification Secure, North Texas Soccer Club's Ricardo Pepi Sees Bright Future for US U-17 Team (American Soccer Now)
May 14 was the two-year anniversary of the return of utility man Ryan Hollingshead from a life-threatening accident. Early in 2017, Hollingshead was struck by a vehicle while he provided assistance to another driver. The injury and recommended surgery nearly ended his career, but he made a miraculous recovery and returned to the field against New York City on May 14, 2017. You can read more about Hollingshead's injury and recovery HERE.
U-23 World Cup Representation
Dallas will be well represented at the 2019 U20 FIFA World Cup in Poland with Edwin Cerrillo, Paxton Pomykal and Brandon Servania all having been called up by U-20 head coach Tab Ramos. The US men open group play against the Ukraine on Friday, May 24 and take on Nigeria on Monday, May 27.
LA's first season in MLS was 2018. Dallas has gotten the better of LA in the two games they've played against each other. D took home a point in its only trip to Banc of California Stadium in a 1-1 draw last May and took all three points when LA visited Frisco in June in a 2-1 win.
Los Angeles started the season in red-hot form earning six wins and one draw in its first seven games. LA has recorded two draws and one win in its last three games- including a 0-0 tie with Chicago Fire.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 16, 2019
- Know Your Opponent | FC Cincinnati - Orlando City SC
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Loans Stefan Cleveland, Grant Lillard to Lansing Ignite FC - Chicago Fire
- Nashville SC to Acquire MLS Winger David Accam in Trade with Columbus Crew SC - Nashville SC
- Columbus Crew SC Acquires General and Targeted Allocation Money in Trade with Nashville SC - Columbus Crew SC
- Timbers, Thorns FC Announce Expanded Partnership with Special Olympics Oregon - Portland Timbers
- Match Preview: New York and Atlanta Set for Primetime Sunday Matchup - New York Red Bulls
- FC Dallas Visits LAFC Tonight: 5 Things You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- Players Grilled Cheeses at Stade Saputo - Montreal Impact
- Sounders FC Wins Second in a Row with 2-1 Victory over Orlando City - Seattle Sounders FC
- Crepeau stands tall, but 'Caps fall in tight match versus defending champs - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Atlanta United Defeats Vancouver Whitecaps FC 1-0 for MLS Record Fifth Consecutive Shutout Victory - Atlanta United FC
- Orlando City Falls 2-1 at Seattle - Orlando City SC
- Timbers Earn Point on the Road in Draw with Houston Dynamo - Portland Timbers
- Dynamo Draw Portland 1-1 to Continue Strong Start to Season - Houston Dynamo
- Chelsea FC Tops Revolution, 3-0, in "Final Whistle on Hate" Charity Match - New England Revolution
- Toronto FC (0) - D.C. United (0) Post Game Summary - Toronto FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Dallas Stories
- Ricardo Pepi Called into United States U-17 National Team for 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup
- FC Dallas Signs Paxton Pomykal to New Contract
- FC Dallas Clinches Playoff Berth in 6-0 Shutout against SKC
- #FCDvSKC: Five Facts You Need to Know
- Bryan Acosta, Reggie Cannon, Zdenek Ondrasek Called into National Team Duty