Pitchers Strikeout 26 in Barons Win
When it came to striking out one another, the pitching corps for both teams made great progress last night. First time starter Sean Poppen had six K's of his own but lost the 3-0 game after a first inning home run by Eloy Jiminez. He quickly struck out the next three batters and the "three strikes and yer out' night began. Tyler Jay had three strikeouts as did Williams Rameriez. For the Barons, starter Spencer Adams worked eight shutout innings with six K's and reliever Jose Ruiz added one more. The Lookouts were retired in order eight of the nine innings and are scorless in their last 12 innings. The two teams play tomorrow night with an 8:05 EDT start time. The Lookouts will pitch LHP-Anthony Marzi with the Barons LHP-Jordon Guerrero as the opponent. Hear the game on MiLB.com and at Real 96.1 beginning at 7:50 EDT.
• Discuss this story on the Southern League message board...
Southern League Stories from May 31, 2018
- Generals Take Down Biscuits, 14-8 - Montgomery Biscuits
- Adams Shines in 3-0 Win - Birmingham Barons
- Behind Brown, Hager, Shuckers Down M-Braves on Thursday Night 9-1 - Mississippi Braves
- Pitchers Strikeout 26 in Barons Win - Chattanooga Lookouts
- Brown Delivers Career Night En Route to Shuckers Win - Biloxi Shuckers
- BayBears Drop Game One of Doubleheader, Game Two Rained Out - Mobile BayBears
- Smokies Win One Before Rain Arrives - Tennessee Smokies
- Wahoos, Shrimp Postponed in Jacksonville - Pensacola Blue Wahoos
- Rain Postpones Jumbo Shrimp and Blue Wahoos Thursday - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Birmingham Barons News WVTM to Air All-Star Game - Birmingham Barons
- Field Staff and Umpires Selected for 2018 All-Star Game - SL
- Jumbo Shrimp Select Umbel as Platform for Fan Engagement - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Biscuits Bite Back, Even Series with Generals - Jackson Generals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.