Philadelphia Union Acquire up to $750,000 in Allocation Money from Colorado Rapids
CHESTER, Pa. - Philadelphia Union announced today that they have acquired up to $750,000 in Allocation Money from the Colorado Rapids in exchange for defender Auston Trusty in one of the largest transactions in Union history. In 2020, the Union will receive $300,000 in Targeted Allocation Money and in 2021, $300,000 in General Allocation Money.
Additionally, the Union will receive an additional $150,000 in General Allocation Money if Trusty meets certain performance metrics. Furthermore, the Union will receive 30% of the transfer fee if Trusty is sold outside of the league on or before Dec. 31, 2021 and 25% on or after Jan. 1, 2022. The percentage would only apply to any amount of total allocation money received over what the Rapids paid the Union for Trusty, not the total transaction fee.
"On behalf of the organization, we want to thank Auston for his hard-work and contributions to the team," said Ernst Tanner, Union Sporting Director. "Auston has been an integral part of our defensive line since signing with the club in 2016 and his efforts helped lead the team to consecutive playoff appearances. With the depth of our defensive roster, we believe this is the best move for both the club and Auston. As one of our homegrown signings, we are proud of his accomplishments and wish him the best of luck in Colorado."
Trusty was signed by the Union as a Homegrown Player in August 2016. He played three seasons for the club, making 56 appearances for the team and earning a career total of two goals and one assist. During the 2018 season, he was the only player on the Union to play every minute of every regular-season match, setting a new league record for the youngest field player to do so over a 34-game regular season.
Union Sporting Director Ernst Tanner will speak with the media via teleconference on Wednesday, November 20 at 5:00 p.m. ET. Members of the media who are interested in joining the teleconference can access the call by dialing 800-582-3014 and entering the code 17252609, followed by the pound sign (#) for access to the call. Upon entering the call, please announce your name and outlet, and then mute your line for the duration of the call, unless asking a question. A member of Philadelphia Union Communications will moderate.
TRANSACTION: Philadelphia Union acquire up to $750,000 in Allocation Money from the Colorado Rapids in exchange for defender Auston Trusty on November 20, 2019.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 20, 2019
- Whitecaps FC Transfer Centre Back Doneil Henry to K League 1 Club - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Impact Acquires Honduran International Winger Romell Quioto - Montreal Impact
- Houston Dynamo Acquire Defender Victor Cabrera and $100,000 of General Allocation Money from Montreal Impact - Houston Dynamo
- Sounders FC Flag to be Raised in Olympia this Friday - Seattle Sounders FC
- Philadelphia Union Exercise 2020 Options on Eight Players - Philadelphia Union
- Philadelphia Union Acquire up to $750,000 in Allocation Money from Colorado Rapids - Philadelphia Union
- Columbus Crew SC Acquires General Allocation Money and International Roster Sport in Trade with the Colorado Rapids - Columbus Crew SC
- New York City FC to Open 2020 Preseason against Brazilian Clubs in Florida Cup - New York City FC
- Chicago Fire 2020 Season Tickets at Soldier Field Now Available up to 30% off Regular Price - Chicago Fire
- MLS All-Stars to Face LIGA MX All-Stars at Banc of California Stadium in 2020 MLS All-Star Game Presented by Target - MLS
- New York City FC Announces Roster Moves for 2020 - New York City FC
- Sounders FC Announces Roster Decisions to Conclude 2019 Season - Seattle Sounders FC
- Timbers Acquire Defender Dario Zuparic - Portland Timbers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Philadelphia Union Stories
- Philadelphia Union Forward Sergio Santos Voted MLS Player of the Week
- Union claim first place in Eastern Conference; Sergio Santos nets hat-trick
- Philadelphia Union and Southern New Hampshire University Host Third Annual Rompe Las Barreras Job Shadow Program
- Anthony Fontana scores third game winning goal this season for Union
- Philadelphia Union Acquire International Roster Spot from Montreal Impact