Penguins Sign Forward Myles Powell
WILKES-BARRE, Pa. - The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins announced today that they have signed forward Myles Powell to an American Hockey League contract for the 2019-20 season.
Powell, 24, is coming off of a sensational rookie season in the ECHL. In 2018-19, he led all league rookies with 31 goals and 66 points while skating for the Cincinnati Cyclones. Powell was named to the ECHL All-Rookie Team for his efforts in his first season as a pro, as well.
The Comox, British Columbia native also appeared in 11 career AHL games, all logged as a member of the Rochester Americans. Powell recorded no points in that time.
Prior to turning pro, Powell played four seasons of college hockey at the Rochester Institute of Technology, where he was a teammate of Penguins defenseman Matt Abt. Powell wore the "C" as co-captain of the Tigers in his junior and senior seasons, and he placed second on the team in points for three consecutive years (2015-16, 2016-17, 2017-18.)
Season ticket packages for the Penguins' upcoming 2019-20 season, including Full Season, 22-game, 12-game, Flexbook and Premium Seating plans, are available by reaching out to the Penguins directly at (570) 208-7367.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from July 16, 2019
- Coyotes Sign Dysin Mayo to One-Year, Two-Way Contract - Tucson Roadrunners
- Columbus Blue Jackets Center Ryan MacInnis Accepts Club Qualifying Offer - Cleveland Monsters
- Anaheim Ducks Sign Del Zotto, De Leo, Kloos and Wideman to One-Year Contracts - San Diego Gulls
- Minnesota Wild Re-Signs Defenseman Carson Soucy to One-Year, Two-Way Contract - Iowa Wild
- Penguins Sign Forward Myles Powell - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Admirals Sign Goalie Cam Johnson to AHL Deal - Milwaukee Admirals
- LA Kings Re-Sign Cal Petersen to Three-Year Deal - Ontario Reign
- Flames Sign Ryan Lomberg and Rinat Valiev - Stockton Heat
- Condors Sign Jake Kulevich and Jakob Stukel - Bakersfield Condors
- Flyers Sign Nicolas Aube-Kubel to Contract Extension - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.