Flyers Sign Nicolas Aube-Kubel to Contract Extension
Lehigh Valley, Pa. - The Philadelphia Flyers, parent club of the Lehigh Valley Phantoms, have announced that they have signed forward Nicolas Aube-Kubel to a one-year, two-way contract extension.
Aube-Kubel, 23, returns for his fourth full professional season after spending most of the previous three seasons with the Lehigh Valley Phantoms. He registered 30 points with 16 goals and 14 assists in 54 games with the Phantoms during an injury-plagued 2018-19 season. Aube-Kubel currently ranks seventh in Lehigh Valley history with 203 games played in black and orange. He also ranks in the top 10 in every offensive category, currently sitting sixth in goals (45), ninth in points (97), 10th in assists (52) and sixth in penalty minutes (216) during his time with Lehigh Valley.
A native of Sorel, Quebec, Aube-Kubel was drafted in the second round (#48) of the 2014 NHL Draft by the Philadelphia Flyers. He made his NHL debut with the Flyers on October 30, 2018 against the Anaheim Ducks and played nine games for Philadelphia and was a +1 rating during the 2018-19 season.
Prior to turning pro, Aube-Kubel played four seasons for Val d'Or Foreurs in the QMJHL (Major Junior) and won a QMJHL Championship during the 2013-14 season. He totaled 244 points (108G, 136A) in 251 games for Val D'Or.
Hockey returns to the Lehigh Valley with the fifth annual NHL game at PPL Center on September 11, 2019, as the Philadelphia Flyers Rookies take on the New York Islanders Rookies. Tickets for the event are on sale now and are just $10!
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from July 16, 2019
- Coyotes Sign Dysin Mayo to One-Year, Two-Way Contract - Tucson Roadrunners
- Columbus Blue Jackets Center Ryan MacInnis Accepts Club Qualifying Offer - Cleveland Monsters
- Anaheim Ducks Sign Del Zotto, De Leo, Kloos and Wideman to One-Year Contracts - San Diego Gulls
- Minnesota Wild Re-Signs Defenseman Carson Soucy to One-Year, Two-Way Contract - Iowa Wild
- Penguins Sign Forward Myles Powell - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Admirals Sign Goalie Cam Johnson to AHL Deal - Milwaukee Admirals
- LA Kings Re-Sign Cal Petersen to Three-Year Deal - Ontario Reign
- Flames Sign Ryan Lomberg and Rinat Valiev - Stockton Heat
- Condors Sign Jake Kulevich and Jakob Stukel - Bakersfield Condors
- Flyers Sign Nicolas Aube-Kubel to Contract Extension - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lehigh Valley Phantoms Stories
- PPL Center Selected to Host NCAA DI Men's Ice Hockey Regionals in 2022, 2023, and 2025
- Phantoms Sign D Logan Day to a One-Year Deal
- Flyers Sign Alex Lyon to a One-Year Contract Extension
- Flyers Sign Nicolas Aube-Kubel to a Two-Year Contract Extension
- Phantoms Sign Two Forwards to AHL Contracts