Admirals Sign Goalie Cam Johnson to AHL Deal
Milwaukee, WI - The Milwaukee Admirals announced today that the team has signed goalie Cam Johnson to an AHL contract for the 2019-20 season.
Johnson finished up his first full-time pro season last year splitting time between the Binghamton Devils (AHL) and the Adirondack Thunder (ECHL). In 29 games with the Devils he posted an 11-18 mark with a 3.79 GAA and a .872 save percentage and one shutout, while with the Thunder he went 4-5-1 with a 2.54 GAA and a .915 save % in 10 games.
The Troy, MI native played four years of collegiate hockey at the University of North Dakota and helped the Fighting Sioux to the 2016 NCAA Championship where he was named to the All-Tournament Team. During that season he was 24-4-2 with a miniscule 1.66 GAA and a .935 save percentage in 34 appearances. During his career in Grand Forks he posted a 56-26-12 record with 12 shutouts, a .915 save % and a 2.10 GAA.
The Admirals will begin the season on the road in Iowa on Sunday, October 6 at 3 pm against Iowa before opening the home portion of their schedule on Saturday, October 12 at 6 pm against the Laval Rocket.
Season subscriber memberships for the 2019-20 season are on sale now for as little as $20 per month. Fans can get on board, or find more information, at www.milwaukeeadmirals.com or by calling the Admirals office at (414) 227-0550.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from July 16, 2019
- Coyotes Sign Dysin Mayo to One-Year, Two-Way Contract - Tucson Roadrunners
- Columbus Blue Jackets Center Ryan MacInnis Accepts Club Qualifying Offer - Cleveland Monsters
- Anaheim Ducks Sign Del Zotto, De Leo, Kloos and Wideman to One-Year Contracts - San Diego Gulls
- Minnesota Wild Re-Signs Defenseman Carson Soucy to One-Year, Two-Way Contract - Iowa Wild
- Penguins Sign Forward Myles Powell - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Admirals Sign Goalie Cam Johnson to AHL Deal - Milwaukee Admirals
- LA Kings Re-Sign Cal Petersen to Three-Year Deal - Ontario Reign
- Flames Sign Ryan Lomberg and Rinat Valiev - Stockton Heat
- Condors Sign Jake Kulevich and Jakob Stukel - Bakersfield Condors
- Flyers Sign Nicolas Aube-Kubel to Contract Extension - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.