Pena powers River Cats to another road series win
Metairie, La. - The Sacramento River Cats (33-31) will enjoy a day off after going 5-2 on their seven-game road trip, capped off by a 7-2 win over the New Orleans Baby Cakes (35-30) on Monday night.
Catcher Francisco Peña crushed two of the team's four home runs on the night, making him the eighth River Cats batter to record a multi-homer game this season. Outfielders Henry Ramos and Chris Shaw also cleared the fence - their ninth and second of the season, respectively.
On the mound, Andrew Suarez made it two consecutive solid outings as left-hander tossed six innings of one-run ball. After pushing his ERA to 7.59 through seven starts, his most recent 11 innings have yielded just two runs allowing him to lower that mark to 6.07.
The River Cats will welcome in the Omaha Storm Chasers for a three-game series beginning on Wednesday. Right-hander Enderson Franco (2-1, 6.32) will kick things off for Sacramento while the Kansas City Royals' affiliate have yet to name a starter. First pitch is set for 7:05 p.m. (PT). Catch all of the action live online at rivercats.com, on the MiLB First Pitch app, or on Money 105.5 FM.
- Despite being just two games over .500, the River Cats have managed to win six of their eight road series this year, having an overall record of 19-12 away from Raley Field.
- During the top of the ninth inning, there was a 16-minute injury delay as the medical staff attended to River Cats left fielder Anthony Garcia. After being stabilized, he was carted off the field to receive additional medical attention.
The Sacramento River Cats are the Triple-A affiliate of the three-time World Champion San Francisco Giants. The team plays at Raley Field in West Sacramento, consistently voted one of the top ballparks in America. Season Tickets, Mini-Plans, and Flex Plans can be purchased for the River Cats' 20th season by calling the River Cats Ticket Hotline at (916) 371-HITS (4487). The only place to guarantee official River Cats tickets is at www.rivercats.com. For information on other events at Raley Field, visit www.raleyfield.com.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 10, 2019
- Big Fifth Inning Helps Send Dodgers to 6-5 Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Pena powers River Cats to another road series win - Sacramento River Cats
- Sacramento's Four Homers Drop Baby Cakes - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Game Notes vs. Memphis - Reno Aces
- Sounds Drop Finale in Tacoma - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Las Vegas Aviators - San Antonio Missions
- Iowa's Offense Explodes in Win over Albuquerque - Iowa Cubs
- Blewett, Chasers Topple Chihuahuas 5-3 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Pair of Pirela Dingers not Enough against Omaha - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Cubs Deny Isotopes Sweep in Series Finale - Albuquerque Isotopes
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 10, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (27-37) at Reno Aces (27-36) - Memphis Redbirds
- Gallen Earns Third Pitcher of the Week Award - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Missions Seven-Game Homestand Begins Wednesday - San Antonio Missions
- Gallen Notches Third Player of the Week Honor, Tanielu First of 2019 - PCL
- Round Rock INF Nick Tanielu Earns PCL Player of the Week Award - Round Rock Express
- Fresno Grizzlies (and "Lowriders de Fresno") Return Home for 7 Games, June 12-18 - Fresno Grizzlies
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (25-38) at Tacoma Rainiers (30-34) - Nashville Sounds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.