Blewett, Chasers Topple Chihuahuas 5-3
Omaha starting pitcher Scott Blewett earned his third consecutive victory with a quality outing, while left fielder Elier Hernandez drove in two runs in the Storm Chasers' 5-3 win over the El Paso Chihuahuas on Monday afternoon at Werner Park.
Blewett (6.1 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 3 BB, 5 K) scattered six hits over his six-plus innings of work, improving his record to 5-5 with his second straight quality outing. Over his last three outings, the right-hander has accumulated a 3-0 record and 2.12 ERA (4 ER/17.0 IP) while allowing two earned runs or less in all three appearances. Southpaw Tim Hill (1.0 IP, H, K) notched his third save of the year in support, while El Paso starter Logan Allen (5.1 IP, 9 H, 5 R, 4 ER, BB, 5 K) suffered the defeat.
After the Chihuahuas grabbed an early 2-0 lead courtesy of single tallies in the first and third frames, Hernandez drove in his first run via an RBI single to left. Omaha would then score four in the sixth with four consecutive run-scoring singles by Hernandez, C Xavier Fernandez, 1B Samir Duenez and 3B Jecksson Flores. El Paso RF Jose Pirela mashed the second of his two solo shots in the ninth inning to cap the scoring.
Hernandez (2-4, R, 2 RBI), Fernandez (2-3, R, RBI) and Flores (2-4, RBI) all posted two-hit efforts in the victory. Pirela (3-3, 2 R, 2 HR, 2 RBI), meanwhile, tallied a game-high three knocks, in addition to 3B Seth Mejias-Brean 's (2-4, 2B) two hits. Omaha RF Bubba Starling adding a hit and a run scored, extending his hit streak to eight contests.
Following an off day on Tuesday, the Storm Chasers are set to start a seven-game West Coast road trip, beginning with a three-game set in Sacramento. First pitch of Wednesday's series opener is slated for 9:05pm CT. Omaha's starter has not yet been announced, while the River Cats are anticipated to give the nod to RHP Enderson Franco (2-1, 6.32).
Tickets for that game and all remaining Storm Chasers home contests can be purchased online at www.omahastormchasers.com, or by calling the Werner Park Ticket Office from noon until 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday at (402) 738-5100.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 10, 2019
- Big Fifth Inning Helps Send Dodgers to 6-5 Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Pena powers River Cats to another road series win - Sacramento River Cats
- Sacramento's Four Homers Drop Baby Cakes - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Game Notes vs. Memphis - Reno Aces
- Sounds Drop Finale in Tacoma - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Las Vegas Aviators - San Antonio Missions
- Iowa's Offense Explodes in Win over Albuquerque - Iowa Cubs
- Blewett, Chasers Topple Chihuahuas 5-3 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Pair of Pirela Dingers not Enough against Omaha - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Cubs Deny Isotopes Sweep in Series Finale - Albuquerque Isotopes
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 10, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (27-37) at Reno Aces (27-36) - Memphis Redbirds
- Gallen Earns Third Pitcher of the Week Award - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Missions Seven-Game Homestand Begins Wednesday - San Antonio Missions
- Gallen Notches Third Player of the Week Honor, Tanielu First of 2019 - PCL
- Round Rock INF Nick Tanielu Earns PCL Player of the Week Award - Round Rock Express
- Fresno Grizzlies (and "Lowriders de Fresno") Return Home for 7 Games, June 12-18 - Fresno Grizzlies
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (25-38) at Tacoma Rainiers (30-34) - Nashville Sounds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Omaha Storm Chasers Stories
- "Why I Want to Go to College" Writing Contest Winners Announced
- Chasers Charities Announces Robinson Scholarship Winners
- Drive-In Fireworks Return to Werner Park on May 9
- Storm Chasers Join MiLB CommUNITY First Campaign
- Werner Park to be Ready for Opening Night