Packed House for All-American Movie Night
BISMARCK, ND - With the Bismarck Larks on the road Thursday evening, the ballpark could have stood empty. It didn't. With enthusiasm and excitement comparable to a game day, more than 1,500 people filled the stands at Bismarck Municipal Ballpark, Home of Community Bank and Trust Field for All-American Movie Night. There wasn't any empty seat in the house as the sun went down. The focus? An inflatable big screen placed behind home plate courtesy of Bismarck Parks and Recreation.
Fans flocked to the stadium for a showing of the quotable classic, The Sandlot. American Bank Center offered free ballpark food, popcorn and pre-move entertainment for the crowd, with an incredible fireworks show following the film.
"We are so proud to be a part of such a wonderful community," said Kevin Dykema, Regional President of American Bank Center. "Volunteerism and community support are the very fabric that makes up American Bank Center. Putting on events such as this really speaks to the commitment of our employees and our commitment to the communities that we serve."
"We were definitely the loudest movie theater in the country last night" said John Bollinger, General Manager of the Bismarck Larks. "We knew this event would create a lot of interest, but packing the entire ballpark in the first year absolutely blew us away. What a fun night for everyone involved and we can't thank American Bank Center enough for helping make this happen."
Based on the overwhelming success of Thursday evening, American Bank Center, Bismarck Parks and Recreation and the Bismarck Larks look forward to making All-American Movie Night an annual event.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from August 3, 2018
- Mallards Fall to Chinooks 13-6 - Madison Mallards
- Huskies Prove Themselves Top Dogs in Win over Mankato - Duluth Huskies
- Johnson Leads Rox to Another Shutout Win against Rochester - St. Cloud Rox
- Bullfrogs Sweep Rivets in Second Straight Comeback Win - Green Bay Booyah
- Green Bay Uses Big Inning to Beat Rockford 9-5 - Rockford Rivets
- Woodchucks Fall to Kingfish in Offensive Showdown - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Rox Blank Honkers - Rochester Honkers
- Dock Spiders Swept by Growlers - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Rafters Swept by Bombers in Battle Creek - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Bucks Fall 5-2 to La Crosse - Waterloo Bucks
- Packed House for All-American Movie Night - Bismarck Larks
- Mallards Go for Series Sweep of Chinooks - Madison Mallards
- Bucks to Hold Youth Baseball Camp on August 11 - Waterloo Bucks
- Rafters Look to Salvage Split with Bombers - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Bigge Comes Through; Huskies Win in Walk-Off Fashion - Duluth Huskies
- Bullfrogs Sneak Past Rivets in Comeback Effort - Green Bay Booyah
- Willmar Cannot Overcome Early Deficit and Falls to Larks - Willmar Stingers
- Rafters Shut out by Bombers - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.