P-Bruins Continue to Lead Division, Defeat Hartford Wolf Pack, 6-1
HARTFORD, CT. - Alex-Olivier Voyer scored two goals and Kyle Keyser earned his first win of the season as the Providence Bruins defeated the Hartford Wolf Pack, 6-1, on Saturday afternoon. In total, 10 different P-Bruins recorded at least one point in the victory. The win marks Providence's fourth straight win and 10th win in their last 12 contests. Providence has recorded a point in eight consecutive games and 11 of their last 12 contests.
1st 2nd 3rd Final
PROVIDENCE 1 2 3 6
HARTFORD 0 0 1 1
JAY LEACH, HEAD COACH
"It's (the season) not the same. It's not going to be the same. It never was really going to be the same. With that being said, it's a professional hockey game in the American Hockey League against a formidable opponent that we've played for years and years and years. We certainly respect the two opponents we've played and we certainly want to make sure we do everything we possibly can to win every one of those games. That's just the way it's going to be.
I think today, and even our last game, I can't say our performance was as solid as its been throughout. We were able to capitalize on some chances, but I think we're getting a little loose. I think it's a challenge for us to be able to maintain the level of play that we've had up until this point and it will be a challenge. If you keep playing the same teams over and over, they're going to keep pushing harder and harder. I'm certainly excited for our success, but I'm also aware how hard it will be to continue that sort of stretch against these two teams. They're going to get better and we're going to have to do the same."
- Alex-Olivier Voyer recorded his first career multi- goal game with two goals. The rookie has four points (3G, 1A) in 12 games this season.
- Cameron Hughes extended his point streak to five games with two assists. Over the past five games, Hughes has recorded nine points (2G,7A).
- Paul Carey scored his first goal of the season, the game-opening goal. Carey has picked up 11 points (1G, 10A) in 14 games this season.
- Jakub Lauko extended his point streak to four games with a goal and an assist. Lauko has six points (3G, 3A) in his last four contests.
- Kyle Keyser earned his first win of the season, making 27 saves on 28 shots.
- Samuel Asselin scored his fifth goal of the season and has now recorded 10 points (5G, 5A) in 14 games this season.
- Ian McKinnon recorded an assist for the second consecutive game.
- Robert Lantosi also picked up an assist and has three points (1G, 2A) in his last three games.
- Joel Messner scored his first goal of the season.
- The P-Bruins will travel to Marlboro, Massachusetts for a rematch with the Hartford Wolf Pack on Thursday, March 25 at XL Center. Puck drop is set for 1 p.m. ET.
ATLANTIC DIVISION STANDINGS
TEAM GP PTS
PROVIDENCE 14 23
HARTFORD 10 7
BRIDGEPORT 10 6
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 20, 2021
- Smith and Pearson Power 5-2 Win at Cleveland - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Monsters Fall Short in 5-2 Loss to Griffins - Cleveland Monsters
- Reign Outscored by Bakersfield - Ontario Reign
- Barracuda Outdone by Knights, 5-2 - San Jose Barracuda
- Mahura Reassigned to Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Silver Knights Shine with Fans in the Building, 5-2 - Henderson Silver Knights
- Late Push Falls Short as Heat Drop Matinee against Laval - Stockton Heat
- P-Bruins Continue to Lead Division, Defeat Hartford Wolf Pack, 6-1 - Providence Bruins
- Providence Cruises past Wolf Pack, 6-1 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Heat Look to Even Series with Rocket Saturday - Stockton Heat
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs Marlies March 20th - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Condors Host Ontario at 3 p.m. Live on 23ABC - Bakersfield Condors
- Game #15 San Diego at Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Marlies Fall Short against Belleville - Toronto Marlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Providence Bruins Stories
- Providence Bruins Announce Full 2021-22 Regular Season Schedule
- Providence Bruins Sign Eli Zummack to Two-Year AHL Contract
- American Hockey League Announces 2021-22 Division Alignment & Schedule Length
- P-Bruins Defenseman Josiah Didier Wins Inaugural Colby Cave Memorial Award
- Three P-Bruins Named to Atlantic Division All-Star Team