Oklahoma City Wins Overtime Nail-Biter
WICHITA, Kan. - The Oklahoma City Blue (29-15) defeated the Stockton Kings (27-16), 123-120, in an overtime thriller on Wednesday morning, clinching a playoff spot.
Dez Wells scored the go-ahead three-pointer with 2.7 seconds left in overtime and a block from two-way player Deonte Burton on the other end put the game away for the Blue. Wells finished with a career-high 31 points, scoring five of Oklahoma City's seven overtime points while Burton scored 17 points to go along with eight rebounds and five assists.
Oklahoma City trailed by 12 going into the final frame, after a mostly even third quarter. Oklahoma City outscored Stockton, 31-19, in the fourth quarter and with 6.9 seconds in regulation, Burton hit a jump shot to tie the game at 116-all. The Kings couldn't convert on the other end, sending the game into overtime.
"We went down multiple times today and they could have packed it in, and they didn't, they showed great resilience," Head Coach Mark Daigneault said. "I thought we did a lot of good things today and I hope we continue to do so."
Thunder assignment player Hamidou Diallo scored five points in the fourth and finished with 20 points, eight rebounds, two steals and one block. Stockton was led by 28 points from Troy Williams off the bench.
The Blue led by six points early in the first quarter, but a run from the Kings, capped by a three-pointer from Troy Williams, gave Stockton the lead late in the first. Devon Hall responded with a three of his own and Oklahoma City led 24-22 at the end of the quarter.
Oklahoma City's bench outscored Stockton's, 59-57. The Blue tallied a season-high 18 steals and forced 27 turnovers from the Kings, scoring 29 points off them.
Oklahoma City will head to Frisco next to take on the Texas Legends on Tuesday, March 12 at 7 p.m. in the Comerica Center.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 6, 2019
- Santa Cruz Warriors Defeat Wisconsin Herd 107-92 Tonight in Oshkosh - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Vipers Fall Short at Home to Raptors 905 Team - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Long Island Defeats Fort Wayne for Franchise-Record 28th Win - Long Island Nets
- Mad Ants' Late Rally Sparked by Mooring Not Enough against Eastern Conference's Best Long Island - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Oklahoma City Wins Overtime Nail-Biter - Oklahoma City Blue
- Lakeland Magic Become Lakeland Swans - Lakeland Magic
- Westchester Welcomes Windy City for School Day - Westchester Knicks
- Ben Wallace Bobblehead Night March 15th - Grand Rapids Drive
- Hornets Recall Bacon and Graham from Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- Suns Play Inspired Basketball to Knock off Lakers - Northern Arizona Suns
- South Bay Falls to Northern Arizona at Home - South Bay Lakers
- Hustle Hold off Clippers for Massive Win - Memphis Hustle
- Clippers Streak Ends, Drop Crucial Game to Memphis - Agua Caliente Clippers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Oklahoma City Blue Stories
- Oklahoma City Announces Coaching Staff Updates
- Oklahoma City Acquires Returning Player Rights to Beau Beech and First-Round Draft Pick
- Thunder Signs Devon Hall to Two-Way Contract
- Oklahoma City Blue Announces 2019-20 Regular-Season Schedule
- Oklahoma City Wins Overtime Nail-Biter