Mad Ants' Late Rally Sparked by Mooring Not Enough against Eastern Conference's Best Long Island
Uniondale, N.Y. - The Long Island Nets (28-14) defeated the Fort Wayne Mad Ants, 128-123, at NYCB LIVE's Nassau Coliseum on Wednesday night.
Jovan Mooring scored half of his career-best 28 points in the fourth quarter in an attempt to rally Fort Wayne back against the team with the best record in the eastern conference entering Wednesday night. The other 14 points from Mooring all came in the second quarter.
Staring into a 22-point deficit with 7:26 remaining in the game, Fort Wayne (19-24) used a 32-14 run to shrink the nearly insurmountable lead to only four in the final minute of the game.
Long Island, who now owns a franchise best seven-game winning streak, was paced by Alan Williams' 28 points and 12 rebounds.
Travin Thibodeaux battled Williams all night down low finishing with a new career-high 18 points. His 13 rebounds tied his career best as well.
Stephan Hicks capped his night with 23 points on 9-of-18 shooting and six rebounds. Indiana Pacers two-way guard Davon Reed concluded the night with 16 points and nine rebounds.
Dzanan Musa chipped in 20 points and five rebounds for Long Island.
Fort Wayne will return home on Friday night against Lakeland for a 7 p.m. matchup at the Coliseum. Long Island will host Maine on Friday night as well.
Friday's home game for Fort Wayne will be only the second home game for the Mad Ants in the last 26 days.
Tickets are available for Friday's for "Faith & Family Night" by visiting ftwaynemadants.com or calling 260-469-4667.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 6, 2019
- Santa Cruz Warriors Defeat Wisconsin Herd 107-92 Tonight in Oshkosh - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Vipers Fall Short at Home to Raptors 905 Team - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Long Island Defeats Fort Wayne for Franchise-Record 28th Win - Long Island Nets
- Mad Ants' Late Rally Sparked by Mooring Not Enough against Eastern Conference's Best Long Island - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Oklahoma City Wins Overtime Nail-Biter - Oklahoma City Blue
- Lakeland Magic Become Lakeland Swans - Lakeland Magic
- Westchester Welcomes Windy City for School Day - Westchester Knicks
- Ben Wallace Bobblehead Night March 15th - Grand Rapids Drive
- Hornets Recall Bacon and Graham from Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- Suns Play Inspired Basketball to Knock off Lakers - Northern Arizona Suns
- South Bay Falls to Northern Arizona at Home - South Bay Lakers
- Hustle Hold off Clippers for Massive Win - Memphis Hustle
- Clippers Streak Ends, Drop Crucial Game to Memphis - Agua Caliente Clippers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fort Wayne Mad Ants Stories
- "Madame Ants" Change Name to "Mad Dancerz"
- Mad Ants Finalize 2019-20 Basketball Operations and Front Office Personnel
- Mad Ants Host Open Tryouts in Fort Wayne Tomorrow
- Mad Ants Host Open Tryouts in Fort Wayne on Saturday
- Mad Ants Acquire Amida Brimah from Austin