*Top Turtles In:* The Tulsa Oilers host the hottest team in the Central Hockey League tonight, as the Mississippi RiverKings invade the BOK Center.
*Records: *Oilers are 16-31-8 with 40 points in fourth place in the Northeast Division.
Mississippi is 38-14-3 for 79 points in first place in the Northeast Division.
*Season Series: *This is the sixth of eight meetings between these two teams. Mississippi has won four of the previous five meetings. The Oilers won the most recent meeting between the two teams, 3-2 in a shootout on January 17^th at the BOK Center.
*Recent Action: *Mississippi comes into tonight's game riding a nine game winning streak. That is the longest win streak of any Northern Conference team this season. The latest victory was a 4-1 triumph at Bossier-Shreveport Tuesday. The Oilers also are coming off a 4-1 win on Tuesday, having beaten the Oklahoma City Blazers that same night by the same score.
*One Third:* Of the remaining games will feature these two teams. Each has nine games left and the Oilers and RiverKings will face each other three times in the final nine games. In fact, Mississippi plays only three teams in its final nine games (three with the Oilers, one with Odessa and five with Bossier-Shreveport).
*Steady Sean: *Sean Collins has provided a steady touch lately. He has points in five straight games and nine of the last 11 games. He has frankly mixed up his scoring with three goals and six assists over that stretch.
*Brotherly Love: *Tonight features a family affair. The Oilers defenseman Matt Smyth is the younger brother of Mississippi's defenseman Adam Smyth. Matt has a total of three goals and 10 assists on the year for 13 points. His brother has 10 goals and 7 assists for 17 points.
*Next Up: *The Oilers continue their season high six game homestand tomorrow night taking on the Wichita Thunder at 7:35. Mississippi heads back to Bossier-Shreveport tomorrow.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 6, 2009
- Carroll, Lucas Lead 'Bugs Past Thunder - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- RiverKings Top Tulsa For Tenth Straight Win - Mississippi RiverKings
- Cacciola Sets Record With 3-0 Shutout Over Rays - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Groenestege, Blazers shut down Gorillas 5-1 - Amarillo Gorillas
- Cacciola, Brahmas Blank Rays 3-0 - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Eagles Snakebit; Magers Steals Show, Win - Colorado Eagles
- Rage Sweep Home-and-Home from Eagles - Rocky Mountain Rage
- Scorpions Rush Past Rapid City - New Mexico Scorpions
- Scorpions Top Rush 5-1 - Rapid City Rush
- Sundogs Drop Heartbreaker to Bees, Remain One Point Back of Final Playoff Spot - Arizona Sundogs
- Bucks Jacked Up In Odessa 3-1 - Laredo Bucks
- Jacks Outlast Bucks for 3-1 Win - Odessa Jackalopes
- Thunder Clipped by Bugs - Wichita Thunder
- RiverKings - Tulsa Preview - Mississippi RiverKings
- Casino Night Highlights Brahmas Weekend Hockey - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Oilers-Mississippi Preview - Tulsa Oilers
- Shots from the Point - CHL
- Bucks At Odessa Tonight In Possible Playoff Preview - Laredo Bucks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tulsa Oilers Stories
- Oilers Fall to Americans for Fifth Time this Season
- Devin Williams Named Warrior Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Week for Third Time
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - February 17
- Jackson Scores Two in 5-2 Win over Mavericks
- Oilers Clinch Season Series with Second-Straight Win over Wichita