Bucks At Odessa Tonight In Possible Playoff Preview
ODESSA, TX- The Laredo Bucks will take to the road tonight to take on the Odessa Jackalopes at the Ector County Coliseum. Game time is 7:05pm
Friday March 6, 2009 (Game 56, Road Game 27)
Laredo (31-19-5, 67pts) at Odessa (33-16-6, 72pts), Ector County Coliseum, 7:05pm
Radio: Imagen 94.1-FM (Pre-game show 6:45pm)
Internet Radio: www.laredobucks.com , or http://rmx.com.mx/_principal.asp?region=5
Internet TV: CHL Network (www.nifty-tv.com/chl)
All-Time Series (Regular Season): Bucks lead series 16-8-4
2008-09: Bucks trail series 0-2
Last Meeting: 12/13/09: @ODE 3, LAR 2
Despite falling in a shootout to Corpus Christi Wednesday night the Bucks clinched a playoff spot for the seventh straight season, thanks to Arizona's 7-3 loss to Rio Grande Valley.
Laredo enters tonight's game against Odessa in third place in the Southern Conference playoff race, as they sit behnd Texas and the Jackalopes in the standings. The Bucks are 12 points back of the Brahmas, with Odessa locked into the second seed. The Jackalopes have already sewn up the Southwest Division championship, and will get either the first or second seed.
If the seedings stay the same the Bucks would take on the Jackalopes in the Southern Conference Semi-Finals, with Odessa getting the home ice advantage.
After winning three straight games last week, the Bucks are on a two-game winless streak (0-1-1), falling 7-3 at home to Arizona, and losing a shootout 4-3 to Corpus on Wednesday.
Brent Cullaton scored a goal Wednesday to increase his team-leading point total to 68 (18-50=68). Cullaton is tied for fifth in the CHL in scoring.
Odessa has the top two scorers in the league on their roster, with Sebastien Thinel (34-49=83) and Dominic Leveille (24-50=79). Thinel is tied for first in the CHL with the Bucks Darryl Smith in goals scored with 34.
Laredo will return home on Sunday afternoon for a rematch with the Ice Rays at the LEC. It's TAMIU Day, where the first 1,500 fans get a TAMIU Day T-shirt! The Bucks will wear special St. Paddy's Day Jersey's that will be auctioned off after the game.
Group tickets start at just $10, call 718-BUCK (2825).
*Win A Scholarship At Sunday's Bucks Game*
Two lucky fans at this Sunday's Bucks game at the LEC will win an Academic Scholarship to TAMIU this summer.
TAMIU will give away two scholarships at the Bucks game on Sunday to attend an Academic Camp for grades 1-6 at the University this summer, from June 1st-July 2nd.
For more information about the scholarship please contact Jennifer Raines at 956-326-2765, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The only way you can win the scholarship is to be at Sunday's game, which starts at 4pm.
*Bucks Looking For Off-Ice Officials*
The Bucks are looking for eager off-ice officials to assist with statistics during the 2009 playoffs. If interested please e-mail Zach Sepesi at email@example.com.
*Win A Vegas Weekend Or Carnival Cruise From The Bucks!*
The Bucks have announced that fans can win either a Las Vegas Weekend Getaway or a Carnival Cruise, if they purchase a Bucks playoff package.
The Las Vegas Weekend Getaway includes airfare and hotel reservations, courtesy of the Bucks, on dates agreed upon by the winners of the getaway and the Bucks.
The Carnival Cruise winner receives a FREE 4 night cruise leaving from the Port of Galveston, Texas, courtesy of the Bucks, on dates agreed upon by the winners of the cruise and the Bucks.
Winners of either the Las Vegas Weekend or Carnival Cruise may not take a cash equivalent and it is not transferable.
To be eligible to win one of the two great prizes, fans must buy their Bucks playoff package before the first home playoff game. Drawing will be held during the 1st intermission of the 1st playoff game.
Call 718-BUCK (2825) to order your playoff packages now, and to be eligible to win the prizes.
*Credit for playoff games not played, will be applied to the 09-10 season ticket packages.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 6, 2009
- Carroll, Lucas Lead 'Bugs Past Thunder - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- RiverKings Top Tulsa For Tenth Straight Win - Mississippi RiverKings
- Cacciola Sets Record With 3-0 Shutout Over Rays - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Groenestege, Blazers shut down Gorillas 5-1 - Amarillo Gorillas
- Cacciola, Brahmas Blank Rays 3-0 - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Eagles Snakebit; Magers Steals Show, Win - Colorado Eagles
- Rage Sweep Home-and-Home from Eagles - Rocky Mountain Rage
- Scorpions Rush Past Rapid City - New Mexico Scorpions
- Scorpions Top Rush 5-1 - Rapid City Rush
- Sundogs Drop Heartbreaker to Bees, Remain One Point Back of Final Playoff Spot - Arizona Sundogs
- Bucks Jacked Up In Odessa 3-1 - Laredo Bucks
- Jacks Outlast Bucks for 3-1 Win - Odessa Jackalopes
- Thunder Clipped by Bugs - Wichita Thunder
- RiverKings - Tulsa Preview - Mississippi RiverKings
- Casino Night Highlights Brahmas Weekend Hockey - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Oilers-Mississippi Preview - Tulsa Oilers
- Shots from the Point - CHL
- Bucks At Odessa Tonight In Possible Playoff Preview - Laredo Bucks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.