Bucks Jacked Up In Odessa 3-1
ODESSA, TX- The Laredo Bucks fell to the Odessa Jackalopes 3-1 Friday night at the Ector County Coliseum. Laredo is now winless in their last three games (0-2-1), as they fall to 31-20-5 (67 points).
Jeff Pierce scored two third period goals to break a 1-1 tie to snap the Jackalopes losing streak.
Pierce gave Odessa 2-1 lead 4:10 into the third when he scored a power-play goal from the slot.
Pierce would add an empty netter with 38 seconds left to make it 3-1 Jacks.
Pierce now has 16 goals on the season to help the Jackalopes improve to 34-16-6 (74 points).
Sebastien Centomo played well in the loss for the Bucks as he stopped 20 of 22 Odessa shots, while Alexandre Vincent set aside 25 of 26 to get the win for the Jackalopes.
Niether the Bucks or Jackalopes could light the lamp in the first period, as the game was scoreless after 20 minutes.
Laredo outshot Odessa 13-8 in the first period.
The Bucks (11-13-3 on the road) would jump out in front 1-0 when Brent Cullaton sent a laser slap shot in from the left circle on a breakaway past Alexandre Vincent. Cullaton picked up his 19th goal of the season, and his 70th in a Bucks uniform. Serge Dube started the break and picked up the assist (32).
Laredo scored first for just the eighth time in their last 30 games.
The Bucks are now 19-7 when scoring first this season.
Odessa would tie the game at 1-1 with 4:44 left in the second. Josh Chase snuck a wrist shot in from the bottom of the right circle. Chase scored his sixth goal of the season.
The Bucks were outshot in the second period 8-6, but outhshot the Jacks for the game 26-23.
Laredo will return home on Sunday afternoon for a rematch with the Ice Rays at the LEC. It's TAMIU Day, where the first 1,500 fans get a TAMIU Day T-shirt! The Bucks will wear special St. Paddy's Day Jersey's that will be auctioned off after the game.
All TAMIU students, faculty, staff and alumni can purchase $5 tickets to the game. Call 718-BUCK (2825).
*Win A Scholarship At Sunday's Bucks Game*
Two lucky fans at this Sunday's Bucks game at the LEC will win an Academic Scholarship to TAMIU this summer.
TAMIU will give away two scholarships at the Bucks game on Sunday to attend an Academic Camp for grades 1-6 at the University this summer, from June 1st-July 2nd.
For more information about the scholarship please contact Jennifer Raines at 956-326-2765, or email@example.com.
The only way you can win the scholarship is to be at Sunday's game, which starts at 4pm.
*Bucks Looking For Off-Ice Officials*
The Bucks are looking for eager off-ice officials to assist with statistics during the 2009 playoffs. If interested please e-mail Zach Sepesi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Win A Vegas Weekend Or Carnival Cruise From The Bucks!*
The Bucks have announced that fans can win either a Las Vegas Weekend Getaway or a Carnival Cruise, if they purchase a Bucks playoff package.
The Las Vegas Weekend Getaway includes airfare and hotel reservations, courtesy of the Bucks, on dates agreed upon by the winners of the getaway and the Bucks.
The Carnival Cruise winner receives a FREE 4 night cruise leaving from the Port of Galveston, Texas, courtesy of the Bucks, on dates agreed upon by the winners of the cruise and the Bucks.
Winners of either the Las Vegas Weekend or Carnival Cruise may not take a cash equivalent and it is not transferable.
To be eligible to win one of the two great prizes, fans must buy their Bucks playoff package before the first home playoff game. Drawing will be held during the 1st intermission of the 1st playoff game.
Call 718-BUCK (2825) to order your playoff packages now, and to be eligible to win the prizes.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 6, 2009
- Carroll, Lucas Lead 'Bugs Past Thunder - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- RiverKings Top Tulsa For Tenth Straight Win - Mississippi RiverKings
- Cacciola Sets Record With 3-0 Shutout Over Rays - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Groenestege, Blazers shut down Gorillas 5-1 - Amarillo Gorillas
- Cacciola, Brahmas Blank Rays 3-0 - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Eagles Snakebit; Magers Steals Show, Win - Colorado Eagles
- Rage Sweep Home-and-Home from Eagles - Rocky Mountain Rage
- Scorpions Rush Past Rapid City - New Mexico Scorpions
- Scorpions Top Rush 5-1 - Rapid City Rush
- Sundogs Drop Heartbreaker to Bees, Remain One Point Back of Final Playoff Spot - Arizona Sundogs
- Bucks Jacked Up In Odessa 3-1 - Laredo Bucks
- Jacks Outlast Bucks for 3-1 Win - Odessa Jackalopes
- Thunder Clipped by Bugs - Wichita Thunder
- RiverKings - Tulsa Preview - Mississippi RiverKings
- Casino Night Highlights Brahmas Weekend Hockey - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Oilers-Mississippi Preview - Tulsa Oilers
- Shots from the Point - CHL
- Bucks At Odessa Tonight In Possible Playoff Preview - Laredo Bucks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.