Oilers Bounce Back Big, Defeat Allen 5-2
TULSA, OK- The Tulsa Oilers won their first matchup against the Americans this season, defeating Allen 5-2 at the BOK Center on Sunday.
Tyler Sheehy opened the scoring 4:52 in, working his way to the back door after a hard hit in the corner, and popping a puck past Devin Williams' blocker.
Gabriel Gagne extended the Americans lead 7:34 into the middle period with a power play goal that give Olivier Archambault his second assist on the night. Josh Wesley answered with a power play goal of his own - his fourth goal on the man advantage this season - blasting the puck from the point past Jake Paterson. Dakota Joshua evened things up at the 14:27 mark, pulling the puck in close to his body before snapping it through Paterson and in the back of the cage.
Wesley scored 2:54 into the final period, corralling a rebound from the back door step and past the goal line, giving the Oilers their first lead of the night. Joshua joined the two-goal club, finishing a cross-crease feed from Ian McNulty 12:16 into third frame. Cam Knight compounded the Tulsa lead, receiving an automatic goal when he was hauled down on a breakaway toward the empty net.
Tulsa went two-for-four on the man advantage, finishing the night 50 percent on the power play. Devin Williams stopped 27 of 29 shots in the contest, and the Oilers won their first game of the 2019-20 campaign against Mountain-Division rival Allen, beginning the final month of 2019 with a win.
The Oilers turn their attention outside the Mountain Division with Fort Wayne coming to town on Dec. 6 before heading to Wichita on Dec. 7.
Oilers Season and Group Tickets are on sale now! Call the Oilers front office at 918-632-PUCK (7825) or visit www.tulsaoilers.com for more information.
Images from this story
Tulsa Oilers forward Robbie Jackson, in Superman uniform, vs. the Allen Americans
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 1, 2019
- Americans Close out Two-Game Set in Tulsa with a 5-2 Loss - Allen Americans
- Oilers Bounce Back Big, Defeat Allen 5-2 - Tulsa Oilers
- Walleye Score Four Times in Second Period, Hold off Nailers - Toledo Walleye
- Mavericks Ride First Period to Win over Wichita - Wichita Thunder
- Mavs Blowout Thunder 6-2, Complete Weekend Sweep - Kansas City Mavericks
- Foget's Two Points Not Enough as Beast Lose in Overtime - Brampton Beast
- Wheeling's Comeback Falls Short against Toledo - Wheeling Nailers
- Verbeek's OT Goal Propels Thunder to Bounce Back Victory - Adirondack Thunder
- Komets Spoil Wings' Return Home - Kalamazoo Wings
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- ECHL Transactions - December 1 - ECHL
- Tom Parisi Returns to South Carolina - South Carolina Stingrays
- Former Thunder Netminder Makes FIrst NHL Start for Florida - Wichita Thunder
- Oilers Can't Capitalize on Strong Start, Fall 6-3 to Allen - Tulsa Oilers
- Parks Stops 49 as Rush Take Series against Idaho - Rapid City Rush
- Grizzlies Insider Adam Turner on 5-4 Win - Utah Grizzlies
- Big First Period Helps Allen to 6-3 Win over Tulsa - Allen Americans
- Roe's Career-Night Helps 'Blades Salvage Point in Series Finale - Florida Everblades
- Grizzlies Win 5-4 Shootout Thriller - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads Come up Short in Comeback, Fall 4-2 to Rapid City - Idaho Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.