Americans Close out Two-Game Set in Tulsa with a 5-2 Loss
Tulsa, OK - The Allen Americans, ECHL affiliate of the Minnesota Wild, closed the weekend in Tulsa with a 5-2 loss on Sunday afternoon. The Americans lead the season series 3-1-0.
Tyler Sheehy scored his 6th of the season in first period with the lone assist going to Olivier Archambault. Then Archambault picked up his second point of the game assisting on Gabe Gagne's 9th goal of the year at the 7;34 mark of the second period. The Oilers would score two unanswered in the second frame to even the game at two. Allen held a 22 to 19 shot advantage after 40 minutes of play.
Tulsa scored three more in the third period and cruised to a 5-2 win. Josh Wesley and Dakota Joshua each had two goals for the Oilers.
"It was a frustrating loss," said Americans forward Spencer Asuchak. "We let this one get away. No excuses. We didn't work hard enough."
The Tulsa Oilers outshot the Allen Americans 33 to 29 for the game. The Allen Americans continue their six-game road trip on Wednesday night in Boise, Idaho.
1. TUL - D. Joshua
2. TUL - J. Wesley
3. TUL - M. Liberati
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 1, 2019
- Americans Close out Two-Game Set in Tulsa with a 5-2 Loss - Allen Americans
- Oilers Bounce Back Big, Defeat Allen 5-2 - Tulsa Oilers
- Walleye Score Four Times in Second Period, Hold off Nailers - Toledo Walleye
- Mavericks Ride First Period to Win over Wichita - Wichita Thunder
- Mavs Blowout Thunder 6-2, Complete Weekend Sweep - Kansas City Mavericks
- Foget's Two Points Not Enough as Beast Lose in Overtime - Brampton Beast
- Wheeling's Comeback Falls Short against Toledo - Wheeling Nailers
- Verbeek's OT Goal Propels Thunder to Bounce Back Victory - Adirondack Thunder
- Komets Spoil Wings' Return Home - Kalamazoo Wings
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- ECHL Transactions - December 1 - ECHL
- Tom Parisi Returns to South Carolina - South Carolina Stingrays
- Former Thunder Netminder Makes FIrst NHL Start for Florida - Wichita Thunder
- Oilers Can't Capitalize on Strong Start, Fall 6-3 to Allen - Tulsa Oilers
- Parks Stops 49 as Rush Take Series against Idaho - Rapid City Rush
- Grizzlies Insider Adam Turner on 5-4 Win - Utah Grizzlies
- Big First Period Helps Allen to 6-3 Win over Tulsa - Allen Americans
- Roe's Career-Night Helps 'Blades Salvage Point in Series Finale - Florida Everblades
- Grizzlies Win 5-4 Shootout Thriller - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads Come up Short in Comeback, Fall 4-2 to Rapid City - Idaho Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.