Big First Period Helps Allen to 6-3 Win over Tulsa
Tulsa, OK - The Allen Americans, ECHL affiliate of the Minnesota Wild, used a big first period to take down the Tulsa Oilers, by a 6-3 score on Saturday night, at the BOK Center in front of 4,881 fans.
Josh Brittain and Corey Durocher each had two goals for the Allen Americans. Durcoher's scored his first two goals of the season, and first two with Allen. He had a 4-point night, also adding two assists and earning the number one star of the game.
"We got it going late in the first period," said Josh Brittain. 'This was a big win for us after falling behind early. This team has so many weapons, you never know which line will be the line of the night. It really makes it hard for the opposition to defend us."
Jack Sadek scored his first of the season and first professional goal on a backhander in the opening period. Alex Guptill added his 8th of the year as well in that opening frame.
Despite being outshot 21 to 10 in the second, the Americans had the only two goals of the period. Allen starter Zachary Sawchenko stopped 40 shots on the night to earn the victory.
Neither team was able to score with the man-advantage. Tulsa went 0 for 4 on the power play. While Allen was 0 for 3. Tyler Sheehy led the Americans in shots on goal with 5. Stepan Falkovsky, Jared VanWormer and Corey Durocher all finished the night a plus four.
The same two teams battle it out on Sunday afternoon at 4:05 pm. The victory on Saturday night was the Allen Americans 14th of the season (14-3-2-0).
1. ALN - C. Durocher
2. ALN - J. Brittain
3. TUL - J. Wesley
Images from this story
Allen Americans goaltender Zachary Sawchenko turns aside the Tulsa Oilers
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 1, 2019
- Americans Close out Two-Game Set in Tulsa with a 5-2 Loss - Allen Americans
- Oilers Bounce Back Big, Defeat Allen 5-2 - Tulsa Oilers
- Walleye Score Four Times in Second Period, Hold off Nailers - Toledo Walleye
- Mavericks Ride First Period to Win over Wichita - Wichita Thunder
- Mavs Blowout Thunder 6-2, Complete Weekend Sweep - Kansas City Mavericks
- Foget's Two Points Not Enough as Beast Lose in Overtime - Brampton Beast
- Wheeling's Comeback Falls Short against Toledo - Wheeling Nailers
- Verbeek's OT Goal Propels Thunder to Bounce Back Victory - Adirondack Thunder
- Komets Spoil Wings' Return Home - Kalamazoo Wings
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- ECHL Transactions - December 1 - ECHL
- Tom Parisi Returns to South Carolina - South Carolina Stingrays
- Former Thunder Netminder Makes FIrst NHL Start for Florida - Wichita Thunder
- Oilers Can't Capitalize on Strong Start, Fall 6-3 to Allen - Tulsa Oilers
- Parks Stops 49 as Rush Take Series against Idaho - Rapid City Rush
- Grizzlies Insider Adam Turner on 5-4 Win - Utah Grizzlies
- Big First Period Helps Allen to 6-3 Win over Tulsa - Allen Americans
- Roe's Career-Night Helps 'Blades Salvage Point in Series Finale - Florida Everblades
- Grizzlies Win 5-4 Shootout Thriller - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads Come up Short in Comeback, Fall 4-2 to Rapid City - Idaho Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.