Oilers Can't Capitalize on Strong Start, Fall 6-3 to Allen
TULSA, OK - The Tulsa Oilers dropped their third game of the season against the Allen Americans by a score of 6-3 at the BOK Center on Saturday.
Danny Moynihan extended his goal streak to four games with the first shot of the game, 34 seconds into the contest, with a back-door backhander past Zach Sawchenko. Alex Guptill retaliated 9:11 later with an in-tight finish over Olle Eriksson Ek, courtesy of a toe drag through the right circle. Josh Wesley answered quickly at the 10:48 mark, knocking a Danny Moynihan feed from the left wing wall past Sawchenko. Josh Brittain pulled things even with a deflection that came on a four-on-four at the 12:36 mark of the period. Cam Knight gave the Oilers their third lead of the night, scoring his fourth of the season off a point shot at the 18:59 mark of the opening frame. Jack Sadek replied, tying the game 17 seconds later with a highlight-reel bar down goal on a backhander. Brittain gave Allen their first lead of the game, scoring off a deflection with 18 seconds left in the first period.
Allen seized the momentum early in the middle frame, with Corey Durocher scoring his first of the season on the first shot of the second period, roofing the puck over Devin Williams. Durocher followed up with his second of the season, linking up with former Maverick teammate Jared Vanwormer 32 seconds before the midway point of the game.
Neither team found the back of the net in the final half of the game, giving Allen a 6-3 victory and a 3-0 series lead for the 2019-20 season.
The Oilers look to bounce back against the Americans on Sunday afternoon at 4:05 p.m. before turning their attention outside the Mountain division with a matchup against Fort Wayne on Dec. 6 at the BOK Center.
Oilers Season and Group Tickets are on sale now! Call the Oilers front office at 918-632-PUCK (7825) or visit www.tulsaoilers.com for more information.
Images from this story
Tulsa Oilers face off with the Allen Americans
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 1, 2019
- Americans Close out Two-Game Set in Tulsa with a 5-2 Loss - Allen Americans
- Oilers Bounce Back Big, Defeat Allen 5-2 - Tulsa Oilers
- Walleye Score Four Times in Second Period, Hold off Nailers - Toledo Walleye
- Mavericks Ride First Period to Win over Wichita - Wichita Thunder
- Mavs Blowout Thunder 6-2, Complete Weekend Sweep - Kansas City Mavericks
- Foget's Two Points Not Enough as Beast Lose in Overtime - Brampton Beast
- Wheeling's Comeback Falls Short against Toledo - Wheeling Nailers
- Verbeek's OT Goal Propels Thunder to Bounce Back Victory - Adirondack Thunder
- Komets Spoil Wings' Return Home - Kalamazoo Wings
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- ECHL Transactions - December 1 - ECHL
- Tom Parisi Returns to South Carolina - South Carolina Stingrays
- Former Thunder Netminder Makes FIrst NHL Start for Florida - Wichita Thunder
- Oilers Can't Capitalize on Strong Start, Fall 6-3 to Allen - Tulsa Oilers
- Parks Stops 49 as Rush Take Series against Idaho - Rapid City Rush
- Grizzlies Insider Adam Turner on 5-4 Win - Utah Grizzlies
- Big First Period Helps Allen to 6-3 Win over Tulsa - Allen Americans
- Roe's Career-Night Helps 'Blades Salvage Point in Series Finale - Florida Everblades
- Grizzlies Win 5-4 Shootout Thriller - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads Come up Short in Comeback, Fall 4-2 to Rapid City - Idaho Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.