Oilers Add SPHL All-Star Eddie Matsushima
TULSA, OK - The Tulsa Oilers, proud ECHL Affiliate of the NHL's Anaheim Ducks and AHL's San Diego Gulls, announced Wednesday the signing of forward Eddie Matsushima.
Matsushima, 27, joins the Oilers fresh off an SPHL championship with Pensacola, producing 29 points (10G, 19A) in 34 regular season games with the Ice Flyers. Matsushima added an additional five points (3G, 2A) in four playoff games and was named to the SPHL Second All-Star Team.
"Eddie is coming off a championship year with Pensacola," said head coach Rob Murray. "He is a consistent point producer that is always on the top of the list for a call up. He is determined to make the jump to the ECHL and to make the most of his opportunity."
The 5'11, 185 lbs. forward totals 63 points (24G, 39A) and a +22 rating in 67 career SPHL games. Matsushima has appeared in 27 career ECHL games, logging nine points (3G, 6A) between Maine and Worcester.
The Verona, WI native stayed in state for his college hockey, appearing in 109 games for the University of Wisconsin- River Falls while compiling 84 points (38G, 46A) over his four seasons. Matsushima's offensive output earned him All-Conference, Second Team All-American and Scholar-Athlete honors during his collegiate career.
The Oilers kick off the 2021-22 season with a Friday night road tilt against the Rapid City Rush on Oct. 22 before opening at home against the Kansas City Mavericks on Saturday, Oct. 30.
Season, group and flex tickets are on sale NOW! Call or text the Oilers office at 918-632-7825 to experience Tulsa's hardest-hitting and longest-running pro sports tradition.
Oilers Season and Group Tickets are on sale now! Call the Oilers front office at 918-632-PUCK (7825) or visit www.tulsaoilers.com for more information.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from September 8, 2021
- Oilers Add SPHL All-Star Eddie Matsushima - Tulsa Oilers
- Exell Back for 2021-22 Season - Wichita Thunder
- Boudens Returns to Defend Cup - Fort Wayne Komets
- K-Wings Add Two Free Agent Defensemen - Kalamazoo Wings
- Stingrays Sign Defenseman Chaz Reddekopp - South Carolina Stingrays
- Defenseman Jake Linhart First-Ever Player to Sign with Iowa Heartlanders - Iowa Heartlanders
- Cyclones Bring Back Johnny Coughlin - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Cap Joins Professional Ranks After Signing with Swamp Rabbits - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Topatigh Strengthens Glads' D-Core - Atlanta Gladiators
- Worcester Railers HC Single Game Tickets on Sale Now - Worcester Railers HC
- Royals Ink Former Florida Panthers Signing Bajkov - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.