Royals Ink Former Florida Panthers Signing Bajkov
The Reading Royals, proud affiliate of the Philadelphia Flyers, announced Wednesday the signing of forward Patrick Bajkov to his first ECHL standard player contract. He was most recently signed to the Florida Panthers and played with the Greenville Swamp Rabbits during the 2019-20 and 2020-21 seasons.
A 23-year-old from Nanaimo, British Columbia, Bajkov has been a prolific scorer in the ECHL over the past two seasons, continuing his torrid pace in the WHL with the Everett Silvertips. He scored 20 goals and 24 assists (44 points) in 64 games during the shortened 2019-20 season and 16 goals and 23 assists (39 points) in 53 games in 2020-21.
After signing with Florida in 2018, Bajkov spent time with the Springfield Thunderbirds of the AHL and scored 3 goals and 2 assists in 18 games. He also played for the Manchester Monarchs and Florida Everblades in the ECHL.
Before then, the winger played five seasons with the Silvertips and was named an alternate captain and a West Division Second Team All-Star in his final year with the team in 2017-18. He scored 288 points in 342 career games in Everett, good for the most all-time in franchise points, goals and assists. He also scored the most points (100) and assists (67) in a single Silvertips season in 2017-18. Ironically, Winquist scored the most goals (47) in a single season for Everett in 2013-14.
In 2016, Bajkov was ranked 113th in the 2016 NHL Central Scouting report but was not drafted in the NHL Entry Draft.
"It just gave me something that I can go out and prove people wrong with a little bit of a chip on my shoulder," he said to Sonics Rising.
Similarly to many other players the Royals have signed for the 2021-22 season, Bajkov has previous experience playing with numerous "new" teammates. He played two seasons with Brayden Low and one with Josh Winquist in Everett, and he played in Greenville with Frank DiChiara. He spent five years alongside Flyers goaltender Carter Hart for the Silvertips as well.
Reading Royals season, flex memberships and group tickets are available for the 2021-22 season by visiting the Royals' box office at Santander Arena or by calling 610-898-7825.
Images from this story
Forward Patrick Bajkov with the Springfield Thunderbirds
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from September 8, 2021
- Oilers Add SPHL All-Star Eddie Matsushima - Tulsa Oilers
- Exell Back for 2021-22 Season - Wichita Thunder
- Boudens Returns to Defend Cup - Fort Wayne Komets
- K-Wings Add Two Free Agent Defensemen - Kalamazoo Wings
- Stingrays Sign Defenseman Chaz Reddekopp - South Carolina Stingrays
- Defenseman Jake Linhart First-Ever Player to Sign with Iowa Heartlanders - Iowa Heartlanders
- Cyclones Bring Back Johnny Coughlin - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Cap Joins Professional Ranks After Signing with Swamp Rabbits - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Topatigh Strengthens Glads' D-Core - Atlanta Gladiators
- Worcester Railers HC Single Game Tickets on Sale Now - Worcester Railers HC
- Royals Ink Former Florida Panthers Signing Bajkov - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reading Royals Stories
- Royals Mount Comeback to Gain Overtime Point in 3-2 Loss to Lions
- Royals Look to Rebound in Final Game of Series in Quebec, Claim Danick Paquette
- Cooper Scores in Big Loss to Lions
- Royals Seek Revenge in Quebec on Black Friday at Lions, Trade for Ryan Roth
- Pritchard Extends Point-Streak in 5-1 Loss to Lions