Next three games of FC Cincinnati's regular-season schedule unveiled
CINCINNATI - Major League Soccer today announced the 2020 MLS regular season schedule through the end of September, as well as Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs qualification and competition format.
Following Saturday's match at New York City FC, FC Cincinnati have learned their next three opponents. The Orange and Blue will play the Philadelphia Union for the first time this season and will play the New York Red Bulls and New York City FC for the third and second times, respectively.
Additional 2020 MLS regular season matches will be announced pending further developments regarding travel protocols.
Similar to the first three home matches of FC Cincinnati's season, fans will not be permitted inside the premises for the home match against the Philadelphia Union on Wednesday, Sept. 23. Additional information regarding the following home matches will be announced in the near future.
All FC Cincinnati matches not televised nationally will be carried regionally on WSTR Star 64 and on the radio on WDJO. Matches not televised nationally will be streamed at fccincinnati.com/stream throughout the club's designated regional broadcast territory.
In addition to announcing regular season match details through September, MLS also today confirmed qualification details and the competition format for the Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs.
The Audi MLS Cup Playoffs will again consist of single-elimination matches hosted by the higher-seeded team and follow a straight bracket format through MLS Cup on Dec.12.
As previously announced, in an expansion of the postseason for 2020, 18 clubs will compete in the Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs. Eight teams from the 12-team Western Conference will qualify directly to Round 1. The top six seeds from the 14-team Eastern Conference will qualify directly to Round 1. Eastern Conference seeds 7-10 will each compete in a play-in match (No. 7 vs. No. 10, and No. 8 vs. No. 9) to determine the two additional Eastern Conference teams that will qualify for the Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs Round 1.
The lower-seeded advancing team will face the Eastern Conference No. 1 seed in Round 1, while the higher-seeded advancing team will face the Eastern Conference No. 2 seed.
The Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs schedule and broadcast details will be announced at a later date.
The Schedule Make-Up
FC Cincinnati will open the upcoming four-game stretch with an away match at New York City FC on Saturday, Sept. 12. The Orange and Blue will seek to earn at least a point against NYCFC for the first time in the club's third-ever meeting.
Following the match against New York City FC, FCC will play their first of their three newly announced matches at the New York Red Bulls on Saturday, Sept. 19. FCC are 1-1-0 against the New York Red Bulls this season. In the most recent meeting between the two sides, FCC claimed a 2-0 win in the group stage of the MLS is Back Tournament
The Orange and Blue will then return home for a mid-week match against the Philadelphia Union on Wednesday, Sept. 23. It will be the first meeting between the two clubs this season. FCC will conclude the newly announced matches with a repeat road fixture at New York City FC on Saturday, Sept. 26.
2020 FC Cincinnati Regular Season Schedule
Date Opponent (Nat'l TV) Location Kickoff
Saturday, Sept. 12 at New York City FC Red Bull Arena (Harrison, N.J.) 7 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 19 at New York Red Bulls Red Bull Arena (Harrison, N.J.) 7 p.m.
Wednesday, Sept. 23 Philadelphia Union Nippert Stadium (Cincinnati, Ohio) 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 26 at New York City FC Red Bull Arena (Harrison, N.J.) 7 p.m.
FC Cincinnati will be back in action on Saturday, Sept. 12, when the team travels to Red Bull Arena to play New York City FC. Kickoff is set for 7 p.m. ET, and the game will be televised on WSTR 64, carried on the radio on WDJO (99.5 FM, 107.9 FM and 1480 AM), streamed regionally on fccincinnati.com/stream, out of market on ESPN+, while an audio stream will be available at TuneIn (WDJO) and fccincinnati.com.
For up-to-the-minute information about FC Cincinnati, visit the team's official website at fccincinnati.com, or follow the team on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook at @FCCincinnati. Additionally, fans are encouraged to download the team's official mobile app on the Apple App Store or Google Play for instant access to mobile tickets, team content and match notifications.
Information about seating options at the club's state-of-the-art West End Stadium - which will open in Spring 2021 - is now available at westendstadium.com. Season ticket deposits for traditional reserved seating will open on Monday, Sept. 14 at 9 a.m. For more information about 2021 season memberships, visit westendstadium.com or the stadium's social properties on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram at @WestEndStadium, or by calling the team's sales and service staff at 513-977-5425.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 11, 2020
- What to Watch for as Nashville SC Hosts Atlanta United FC - Nashville SC
- Real Salt Lake Welcomes Colorado Rapids in Second Leg of 2020 Rocky Mountain Cup - Real Salt Lake
- Inter Miami CF to Visit Orlando City SC on Saturday - Inter Miami CF
- Match Preview: Columbus Crew SC Travels to Face Chicago Fire FC Tomorrow - Columbus Crew SC
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at Philadelphia Union - New England Revolution
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Nashville SC - Atlanta United FC
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo Travel to Frisco for Leg Two of the Texas Derby - Houston Dynamo
- Preview: Real Salt Lake vs. Colorado Rapids - Colorado Rapids
- New York City FC Announces Next Three Games of MLS Regular Season - New York City FC
- Major League Soccer Announces Regular Season Schedule Through September - Seattle Sounders FC
- FC Cincinnati Mutually Part Ways with Adrien Regattin - FC Cincinnati
- Red Bull Arena to Host New York City FC, Montreal Impact - New York Red Bulls
- MLS, Colorado Rapids Announce Next Slate of Regular Season Matches - Colorado Rapids
- Inter Miami CF's Regular Season Schedule Through September Announced - Inter Miami CF
- Nashville Soccer Club Unveils Its Next Three Regular Season Matches - Nashville SC
- Real Salt Lake Announces Remaining September Schedule - Real Salt Lake
- Major League Soccer Announces Matches Through End of September - New York Red Bulls
- Orlando City SC Announces Next Three Matches of MLS Regular-Season Schedule - Orlando City SC
- Three Additional LA Galaxy Matches Announced for Continuation of MLS Regular Season - LA Galaxy
- MLS Unveils Upcoming Games Through the End of September - Montreal Impact
- Chicago Fire FC Announces Regular Season Schedule Through September - Chicago Fire
- LAFC and MLS Announce Continuation of 2020 Regular Season Schedule in Home Markets - Los Angeles FC
- Columbus Crew SC Announces Remainder of September Slate to Begin Phase Two of Major League Soccer's Continuation of Play Schedule - Columbus Crew SC
- MLS Announces Regular Season Schedule Through End of September - Atlanta United FC
- New England Revolution Add Three Games to Regular Season Schedule - New England Revolution
- Next three games of FC Cincinnati's regular-season schedule unveiled - FC Cincinnati
- Sporting KC Announces Schedule Through September - Sporting Kansas City
- Whitecaps FC Announce Additional Regular Season Schedule Through September - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- FC Dallas Announces Next Three September Matches - FC Dallas
- Earthquakes Announce Regular Season Schedule Through September - San Jose Earthquakes
- New York City FC Announces Next Three Games of MLS Regular Season - New York City FC
- Toronto FC to Play Its Home Matches in Connecticut - Toronto FC
- Minnesota United Announces Regular Season Schedule Through September - Minnesota United FC
- MLS Announces Regular Season Schedule Through September - MLS
- MLS Announces Regular Season Schedule Through September - Philadelphia Union
- Houston Dynamo Begin Next Phase of MLS Season Saturday, September 19 vs. Minnesota United FC - Houston Dynamo
- D.C. United and MLS Announce Regular Season Schedule Through September - D.C. United
- Timbers Square off against San Jose Earthquakes in Road Match on September 19 to Begin Next Slate of Regular-Season Matches - Portland Timbers
- Orlando City Hosts Inter Miami CF on Saturday - Orlando City SC
- Preview: Sporting and Minnesota to Battle for First Place on Sunday - Sporting Kansas City
- Sounders FC Offense Explodes in 7-1 Win over San Jose - Seattle Sounders FC
- Seattle Sounders FC Score 7 in Rout of Earthquakes - San Jose Earthquakes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Cincinnati Stories
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: October 19, 2020
- D.C. United Defeats FC Cincinnati 2-1
- Nick Hagglund's game-winning goal lifts the Orange and Blue over Columbus
- FC Cincinnati Sign Goalkeeper Beckham Sunderland as a Homegrown Player
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: October 12, 2020