New Mexico United Relocates Another Home Match, Adds Local Broadcast
Albuquerque, NM - As New Mexico United continues its efforts to comply with state public health orders, the team announced today that another regularly scheduled home match will be played on the road. The Saturday, August 15th match versus Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC will now be played in Colorado at Weidner Field, with kick-off slated for 3 pm MDT. This will be the teams' second meeting this season.
In an effort to make the soccer matches as accessible as possible for all New Mexicans, NM United also announced a broadcast partnership with local ABC affiliate KOAT (Channel 7), who will air the upcoming match live over the air.
"We are beyond excited that KOAT has stepped up to the plate to help us bring this match into the homes of so many New Mexicans," said CEO and Owner of New Mexico United, Peter Trevisani. "Viewership numbers of streamed matches across the league have seen a huge increase with fans seeking the sense of normalcy that sports can provide. With this partnership, more people across our state will have access to experience this."
Due to the fluid nature of COVID-19 restrictions across the country, the USL Championship provided provisions in the 2020 season competition structure to allow for teams to play more away matches or more home matches, as necessary, in order to stay in compliance with public health guidelines in their respective markets.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from August 7, 2020
- Austin Bold FC Add Local Youth Goalkeepers to 2020 USL Championship Roster - Austin Bold FC
- Preview: Austin Bold FC V Rio Grande Valley FC - Austin Bold FC
- Charlotte Independence v Charleston Battery: Match Preview - Charlotte Independence
- Miami FC Suffer 3-0 Defeat at Home against Tampa Bay - Miami FC
- In Their Own Words: "I Trust the Players. I Trust the Quality We Have.Ã¢ÂÂ - Sacramento Republic FC
- Game Notes: Tacoma Defiance at Reno 1868 FC - August 8 - Tacoma Defiance
- PRFC Game Notes - Phoenix Rising FC
- Match Preview: Legion FC vs. Atlanta United 2 - Saturday, August 8 - Birmingham Legion FC
- Lights FC Matches to Air on Cox Communications' YurView Television - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Preview: FC Tulsa Attempts to Extend Best-Ever Start in Franchise History - FC Tulsa
- Preview: RGV FC Head to the Capital City for a Showdown with Austin - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Orange County SC Rescheduled LA Galaxy II Game DateÃÂ announced - Orange County SC
- New Mexico United Relocates Another Home Match, Adds Local Broadcast - New Mexico United
- Boards for Change Auction Features 20 New Items - Sacramento Republic FC
- Match Preview: ATL UTD 2 vs Birmingham Legion FC - Atlanta United 2
- Marios Lomis Returns to North Carolina FC - North Carolina FC
- Preview: What to Watch for with Loucity vs. Indy Eleven - Louisville City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New Mexico United Stories
- 880 Screaming Fans, 450 Miles from Home, 0 Positive COVID Tests: How New Mexico United Is Leading the Way on Community Safety
- New Mexico United, Electric Playhouse Team up to Announce "Meal and a Match" Interactive Watch Parties
- New Mexico United to Host First "Home" Match of the Season in Colorado Springs
- New Mexico United Staff Member Tests Positive for COVID-19
- New Mexico United Relocates Another Home Match, Adds Local Broadcast