Preview: RGV FC Head to the Capital City for a Showdown with Austin
EDINBURG, Texas -Rio Grande Valley FC will face Austin Bold FC on the road on Saturday, August 8. Kickoff is set for 8 p.m. CST and will be broadcasted nationally on ESPN+.
Here are your three key points:
Even through the longest match the club has played, the Toros weren't able to capitalize on the opportunities presented on Saturday, August 1 against FC Tulsa. RGV FC fell short 2-1 to Tulsa at H-E-B Park. As soon as Robert Castellanos scored the equalizer, Tulsa earned a penalty kick which was converted to get away with three points. It is obvious that the Toros have conceded goals due to minor errors that have been costly. The club needs to limit errors moving forward; it is critical that RGV FC earns three points, especially on the road, in order to keep playoffs in the picture.
Although the opportunities to goal arise, the Toros offense needs to be able to finish plays in order to put teams away. Being able to finish plays in the final third leads to earning points, which are very important as the team has not been able to earn a win thus far. The club has suffered four losses and two ties. Austin Bold enters the matchup after a 4-2 loss against San Antonio FC. As the Bold has conceived goals, the Toros need to capitalize on the opportunity to score in order to return to the Valley with three points.
The matchup will be the first time that both clubs meet this season while entering with an overall record of 0-2-0 between RGV and the Bold. The Toros have not been able to earn a win at Bold Stadium. Austin Bold enters the matchup with a 1-2-0 record, all at home. Andre Lima, Sonny Guadarrama and Billy Forbes have scored a goal each, while Forbes leads the squad with six total shots. Sean McFarlane has created four chances thus far, in addition, Diego Restrepo has kept a clean sheet once and totaled five saves.
RGV FC at Austin Bold FC
Bold Stadium - Austin, Texas
August 8 - 8:00 p.m. CST
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from August 7, 2020
- Austin Bold FC Add Local Youth Goalkeepers to 2020 USL Championship Roster - Austin Bold FC
- Preview: Austin Bold FC V Rio Grande Valley FC - Austin Bold FC
- Charlotte Independence v Charleston Battery: Match Preview - Charlotte Independence
- Miami FC Suffer 3-0 Defeat at Home against Tampa Bay - Miami FC
- In Their Own Words: "I Trust the Players. I Trust the Quality We Have.Ã¢ÂÂ - Sacramento Republic FC
- Game Notes: Tacoma Defiance at Reno 1868 FC - August 8 - Tacoma Defiance
- PRFC Game Notes - Phoenix Rising FC
- Match Preview: Legion FC vs. Atlanta United 2 - Saturday, August 8 - Birmingham Legion FC
- Lights FC Matches to Air on Cox Communications' YurView Television - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Preview: FC Tulsa Attempts to Extend Best-Ever Start in Franchise History - FC Tulsa
- Preview: RGV FC Head to the Capital City for a Showdown with Austin - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Orange County SC Rescheduled LA Galaxy II Game DateÃÂ announced - Orange County SC
- New Mexico United Relocates Another Home Match, Adds Local Broadcast - New Mexico United
- Boards for Change Auction Features 20 New Items - Sacramento Republic FC
- Match Preview: ATL UTD 2 vs Birmingham Legion FC - Atlanta United 2
- Marios Lomis Returns to North Carolina FC - North Carolina FC
- Preview: What to Watch for with Loucity vs. Indy Eleven - Louisville City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rio Grande Valley FC Toros Stories
- RGV FC Kicks off 12 Days of Toros with Colonias Unidas
- H-E-B Park Hosts Copa RGV, Presented by Solo Futbol RGV
- RGV FC Present Donations Raised to Friends for Hope
- Houston Dynamo Will Not be Renewing the Contract of Head Coach Gerson Echeverry with RGV FC
- Kibato Selected to USL Championship Team of the Week