Boards for Change Auction Features 20 New Items
The Boards for Change auction continues to roll on with new items added to the auction portal. The first three selections -- The 1968 Olympics by Derrek Jarts, Say Her Name by Dan Dan, and Unity by Rigo the Artist - have already garnered over $1,000 in bids that will directly benefit local Black youth organizations. Bidding for these selections will close soon - so get those final bids in today!
These works and more will remain on display in the North Stands of Papa Murphy's Park, appearing on Republic FC home broadcasts. At SacRepublicFC.com/Change, bidders can explore new selections available for bid. Each auction will start at $152 in honor of Robert Washington's birthday (January 1, 1952), the father of Boards For Change Co-Founder Lina Washington, who passed away after battling COVID-19.
Works that have been featured on Sacramento businesses -- including "I Can't Breathe" by @mapone, "Liberty Remix" by Ciara Cumiskey, "George Floyd's, The Wall" by Jocelyn @jocelynmcg, "These Scales Are Not Balanced" by Rachel (@rragenart), and "Nina Simone: True Love Blooms" by Erik Hosino - are all available for bid - with more items to be launched in the coming weeks.
Four special works are available for bid as Jordan McCrary, Andrew Wheeler-Omiunu, Kharlton Belmar, and Rodrigo Lopez donated a pair of game worn cleats for local artists to create custom designs to continue encourage conversations about racial justice and equality.
Boards for Change is an initiative created by a team of women in Sacramento: Kimberly Prince, Lina Washington and Shannan O'Rourke. This is a collaborative community beautification project with a purpose in direct response to recent #BlackLivesMatter demonstrations. Boards for Change connected local artists with boarded-up businesses in the Sacramento Region and turned those spaces into massive canvases in a display of solidarity. In partnership with the Sacramento Republic FC Foundation, which is a registered 501(c)(3) organization, the proceeds will be distributed to local organizations.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from August 7, 2020
- Austin Bold FC Add Local Youth Goalkeepers to 2020 USL Championship Roster - Austin Bold FC
- Preview: Austin Bold FC V Rio Grande Valley FC - Austin Bold FC
- Charlotte Independence v Charleston Battery: Match Preview - Charlotte Independence
- Miami FC Suffer 3-0 Defeat at Home against Tampa Bay - Miami FC
- In Their Own Words: "I Trust the Players. I Trust the Quality We Have.Ã¢ÂÂ - Sacramento Republic FC
- Game Notes: Tacoma Defiance at Reno 1868 FC - August 8 - Tacoma Defiance
- PRFC Game Notes - Phoenix Rising FC
- Match Preview: Legion FC vs. Atlanta United 2 - Saturday, August 8 - Birmingham Legion FC
- Lights FC Matches to Air on Cox Communications' YurView Television - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Preview: FC Tulsa Attempts to Extend Best-Ever Start in Franchise History - FC Tulsa
- Preview: RGV FC Head to the Capital City for a Showdown with Austin - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Orange County SC Rescheduled LA Galaxy II Game DateÃÂ announced - Orange County SC
- New Mexico United Relocates Another Home Match, Adds Local Broadcast - New Mexico United
- Boards for Change Auction Features 20 New Items - Sacramento Republic FC
- Match Preview: ATL UTD 2 vs Birmingham Legion FC - Atlanta United 2
- Marios Lomis Returns to North Carolina FC - North Carolina FC
- Preview: What to Watch for with Loucity vs. Indy Eleven - Louisville City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sacramento Republic FC Stories
- Old Glory Red and Beyond: Evolution of SRFC's Kits
- Five Finalists Selected by Fans for Latinx Edition of Republic FC Kickstart
- Returning for 2021: Penagos Primed for Solid Second Season
- Returning for 2021: Jauregui Proving the Future Is Now for SRFC
- Kharlton Belmar Set to Return to Republic FC in 2021