Marios Lomis Returns to North Carolina FC
Cary, NC - North Carolina FC announced today that Marios Lomis has transferred from El Paso Locomotive FC back to NCFC. The 25-year-old striker spent the 2018 and 2019 seasons with NCFC before signing with El Paso at the beginning of 2020. Per club policy, no further details were disclosed.
"It feels good to be back in a familiar environment," Lomis said. "I know a lot of my teammates and coaching staff. It's like having fresh air in my lungs."
Lomis has played 1,861 minutes in 37 games in a North Carolina FC jersey. In 2019, he started 12 games scored six times. He took 29 shots in total, spending a great deal of time around the net. He was named NCFC's Comeback Player of the Year after overcoming an injury early in the season.
In 2018, the Dutch forward scored five times and had two assists. His first goal for NCFC came against the Charlotte Independence. He also scored three goals in the 2018 US Open Cup.
So far in 2020, Lomis played in five games for El Paso for 267 minutes. He will once again play aside his 2019 teammate Robert Kristo and will also have a chance to play with first-year NCFC forward Hadji Barry.
"We were really pleased to be able to bring Marios back," said North Carolina FC head coach Dave Sarachan. "He is a professional that understands the mentality and culture we have here. It'll be a seamless transition for him to jump in almost where he left off."
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from August 7, 2020
- Austin Bold FC Add Local Youth Goalkeepers to 2020 USL Championship Roster - Austin Bold FC
- Preview: Austin Bold FC V Rio Grande Valley FC - Austin Bold FC
- Charlotte Independence v Charleston Battery: Match Preview - Charlotte Independence
- Miami FC Suffer 3-0 Defeat at Home against Tampa Bay - Miami FC
- In Their Own Words: "I Trust the Players. I Trust the Quality We Have.Ã¢ÂÂ - Sacramento Republic FC
- Game Notes: Tacoma Defiance at Reno 1868 FC - August 8 - Tacoma Defiance
- PRFC Game Notes - Phoenix Rising FC
- Match Preview: Legion FC vs. Atlanta United 2 - Saturday, August 8 - Birmingham Legion FC
- Lights FC Matches to Air on Cox Communications' YurView Television - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Preview: FC Tulsa Attempts to Extend Best-Ever Start in Franchise History - FC Tulsa
- Preview: RGV FC Head to the Capital City for a Showdown with Austin - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Orange County SC Rescheduled LA Galaxy II Game DateÃÂ announced - Orange County SC
- New Mexico United Relocates Another Home Match, Adds Local Broadcast - New Mexico United
- Boards for Change Auction Features 20 New Items - Sacramento Republic FC
- Match Preview: ATL UTD 2 vs Birmingham Legion FC - Atlanta United 2
- Marios Lomis Returns to North Carolina FC - North Carolina FC
- Preview: What to Watch for with Loucity vs. Indy Eleven - Louisville City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent North Carolina FC Stories
- Ben Speas to Retire After a Nine-Year Professional Soccer Career
- North Carolina Football Club Partners with Reed and Feed and NCFC Youth for Food Drive
- North Carolina Football Club to Hold Virtual Ticket 'Pitch-In' Campaign for Bucy Foundation Mini-Pitch Project
- Dahlkemper, Dunn, and Williams Named to 27-Player Roster for First U.S. Women's National Team Training Camp in Seven Months
- North Carolina FC's Youth to Pro Pipeline Comes to Light as Dre Fortune Highlights 2020 NCFC Team Awards as Most Valuable Player