Lights FC Matches to Air on Cox Communications' YurView Television
(Las Vegas, NV) - Las Vegas Lights FC & COX Communications announced today a partnership to re-air select Lights FC television broadcasts on YurView Las Vegas TV. YurView is available locally via COX Cable on channel 14 (standard definition) / 1014 (High Definition). The deal is for the remainder of the 2020 season.
YurView Las Vegas is the local origination television network managed by Cox Communications. It regularly features the best of local, regional, and national content showcased on multiple platforms. In Las Vegas, the channel is also the home for Major League Baseball's San Diego Padres.
"We're excited to partner with the Las Vegas Lights FC as they move forward with its 2020 season without fans in the stands at Cashman Field," said Cox Media Las Vegas Vice President Tonya Ruby. "The Saturday broadcasts, while not live, are a chance for the team's enthusiastic fan base to be a part of the action."
"All of us in the sports industry find ourselves in a very unique position in 2020. While the COVID-19 virus has kept fans from watching Lights FC in-person at Cashman Field this season, it has increased the desire of fans to watch on television," said Lights FC Owner & C.E.O. Brett Lashbrook. "We are excited to further grow this relationship with COX."
Below is the planned schedule for upcoming Lights FC match re-airs on YurView TV. All matches to air at 12:30 pm PT (except the September 5th broadcast will air at 6:00 pm PT):
YurView Air Date Opponent (Original Match Date)
Sat., Aug. 15th San Diego Loyal SC (Aug. 8th)
Sat., Aug. 22nd Tacoma Defiance (Aug. 12th)
Sat., Aug. 29th Phoenix Rising FC (Aug. 22nd)
Sat., Sept. 5th Orange County SC (Aug. 25th)
Sat., Sept. 12th Phoenix Rising FC (Sept. 5th)
Sat., Oct. 3rd Los Angeles Galaxy II (Sept. 26th)
Sat., Oct. 10th Orange County SC (Oct. 3rd)
All Lights FC match broadcasts (both home & away games) will continue to air live on ESPN+ with the upcoming August 25th match airing live on national television via ESPN Deportes.
Lights FC season continues the season with two home matches in 5 days. This Saturday welcomes new Las Vegas rival, San Diego Loyal SC, coached by USMT legend, Landon Donovan. And this upcoming Wednesday night Lights FC welcomes Tacoma Defiance to Cashman Field. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the United Soccer League Championship is playing a reduced league schedule featuring 16 matches. The 35 teams across the country have been placed in eight hyper-regionalized divisions with the top two teams in each division qualifying for the playoffs. Lights FC has been placed in Group B with Los Angeles, Orange County, Phoenix & San Diego.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from August 7, 2020
- Austin Bold FC Add Local Youth Goalkeepers to 2020 USL Championship Roster - Austin Bold FC
- Preview: Austin Bold FC V Rio Grande Valley FC - Austin Bold FC
- Charlotte Independence v Charleston Battery: Match Preview - Charlotte Independence
- Miami FC Suffer 3-0 Defeat at Home against Tampa Bay - Miami FC
- In Their Own Words: "I Trust the Players. I Trust the Quality We Have.Ã¢ÂÂ - Sacramento Republic FC
- Game Notes: Tacoma Defiance at Reno 1868 FC - August 8 - Tacoma Defiance
- PRFC Game Notes - Phoenix Rising FC
- Match Preview: Legion FC vs. Atlanta United 2 - Saturday, August 8 - Birmingham Legion FC
- Lights FC Matches to Air on Cox Communications' YurView Television - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Preview: FC Tulsa Attempts to Extend Best-Ever Start in Franchise History - FC Tulsa
- Preview: RGV FC Head to the Capital City for a Showdown with Austin - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Orange County SC Rescheduled LA Galaxy II Game DateÃÂ announced - Orange County SC
- New Mexico United Relocates Another Home Match, Adds Local Broadcast - New Mexico United
- Boards for Change Auction Features 20 New Items - Sacramento Republic FC
- Match Preview: ATL UTD 2 vs Birmingham Legion FC - Atlanta United 2
- Marios Lomis Returns to North Carolina FC - North Carolina FC
- Preview: What to Watch for with Loucity vs. Indy Eleven - Louisville City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Las Vegas Lights FC Stories
- Lights FC Closes 2020 Season
- Late Equalizers Lifts Lights FC to Draw with LA Galaxy II
- Lights FC Heads to Southern California for Two-Match Road Trip
- 11-Year Major League Soccer Veteran MLS Cup Champion Quincy Amarikwa Signs with Lights FC
- Lights FC Crushes Orange County's Undefeated Record with 3-1 Win