Miami FC Suffer 3-0 Defeat at Home against Tampa Bay
MIAMI - The Miami FC suffered it's third loss of the season on Friday night at Riccardo Silva Stadium in Miami, FL. The defeat comes in hands of the Tampa Bay Rowdies, who scored a first-half goal and two late second-half goals to give them a 3-0 win.
Despite two first-half attempts by Miami FC midfielder Vincent Bezecourt, it would be the Rowdies who would strike first. Forward Sebastian Guenzatti netted his fourth goal in as many matches for the visiting side, putting them up 1-0 in the 38th minute. The Uruguayan used his physical strength to beat defender Marco Franco, before slotting it past goalkeeper Mark Pais.
Despite being a down a goal, Miami FC was not outplayed in the first half, but the away side took their chance when it presented itself.
Head Coach Nelson Vargas made two changes at the half, bringing on forwards Romario Williams and Prince Saydee, with the intention of getting past Tampa Bay's back line and causing danger in the final third.
After being able to stay in the match with several saves by Pais, The Miami FC had one of its best chances of the night come in the 61st minute. A free kick by midfielder Harrison Heath had all the right condiments to be the equalizer for the home side, but it was met with a sprawling save by Rowdies goalkeeper Evan Louro.
With the clock approaching the 75th minute, Williams would have his chance to score his third goals in as many matches in 2020. The Jamaican forward received a cross from defender Marco Franco and found space inside the 6-yard box to get a clean shot on frame. His shot sailed just over the bar, keeping Miami FC down a goal.
After that miss, the Rowdies would put the match away with an 85th minute goal by Malik Johnson and 94th minute goal by Juan Tejada.
Up next, The Miami FC will travel to face the Tampa Bay Rowdies on Sunday, August 16 at Al Lang Stadium.
Miami FC (4-3-3): GK Mark Pais; D Marco Franco (Janos LÃ¶be 85'), Lance Rozeboom, Brenton Griffiths, Othello Bah (Mohamed Thiaw 67'); M Tomas Granitto, Harrison Heath, Brian James; F Sebastian Velasquez (Romario Williams 46'), Vincent Bezecourt, Miguel Gonzalez (Prince Saydee 46')
Tampa Bay (3-5-2): GK Evan Louro; D Jordan Scarlett, Forrest Lasso, Aaron Guillen; M Sebastian Dalgaard (Malik Johnson 63'), Jordan Doherty (Zach Steinberger 86'), Dominic Oduro, Lewis Hilton, Leo Fernandes (Max Lachowecki 19'); F Sebastian Guenzatti (Lucky Mkosana 86'), Kyle Murphy (Juan Tejada 63')
Tampa Bay: Sebastian Guenzatti - 38th minute
Tampa Bay: MaliK Johnson - 85th minute (Assisted by Jordan Doherty)
Tampa Bay: Juan Tejada - 94th minute (Assisted by Lewis Hilton)
Miami: Lance Rozeboom - 36th minute
Miami: Romario Williams - 64th minute
Miami: Mohamed Thiaw - 76th minute
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from August 7, 2020
- Austin Bold FC Add Local Youth Goalkeepers to 2020 USL Championship Roster - Austin Bold FC
- Preview: Austin Bold FC V Rio Grande Valley FC - Austin Bold FC
- Charlotte Independence v Charleston Battery: Match Preview - Charlotte Independence
- Miami FC Suffer 3-0 Defeat at Home against Tampa Bay - Miami FC
- In Their Own Words: "I Trust the Players. I Trust the Quality We Have.Ã¢ÂÂ - Sacramento Republic FC
- Game Notes: Tacoma Defiance at Reno 1868 FC - August 8 - Tacoma Defiance
- PRFC Game Notes - Phoenix Rising FC
- Match Preview: Legion FC vs. Atlanta United 2 - Saturday, August 8 - Birmingham Legion FC
- Lights FC Matches to Air on Cox Communications' YurView Television - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Preview: FC Tulsa Attempts to Extend Best-Ever Start in Franchise History - FC Tulsa
- Preview: RGV FC Head to the Capital City for a Showdown with Austin - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Orange County SC Rescheduled LA Galaxy II Game DateÃÂ announced - Orange County SC
- New Mexico United Relocates Another Home Match, Adds Local Broadcast - New Mexico United
- Boards for Change Auction Features 20 New Items - Sacramento Republic FC
- Match Preview: ATL UTD 2 vs Birmingham Legion FC - Atlanta United 2
- Marios Lomis Returns to North Carolina FC - North Carolina FC
- Preview: What to Watch for with Loucity vs. Indy Eleven - Louisville City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Miami FC Stories
- The Miami FC Appoints Former Inter Milan and D.C. United Executive Michael Williamson as CEO
- Velasquez Named to USL Championship Team of the Week
- GAMEDAY REPORT: Miami Wraps up Season with Victory against Atlanta
- Miami Produces Thrilling Comeback against Battery
- Miami FC Announces Intent to Join USL Academy League