Nashville Soccer Club to Host Club América in a Leagues Cup Showcase Match on September 21
NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Nashville Soccer Club in conjunction with Major League Soccer (MLS) and LIGA MX announced today that Nashville SC will host its first-ever international match at GEODIS Park as part of the Leagues Cup Showcase that will feature them against LIGA MX powerhouse Club América on Sept. 21.
The Leagues Cup Showcase series will serve as a preview to the highly anticipated 2023 Leagues Cup between all MLS and Liga MX Clubs next summer. In addition to the match in Nashville, the Leagues Cup Showcase will also feature matches in Cincinnati and Salt Lake City as they host Club Deportivo Guadalajara and Atlas FC, respectively.
Leagues Cup 2022 Showcase
Date Game Stadium
Sept. 21 FC Cincinnati vs. Club Deportivo Guadalajara TQL Stadium, Cincinnati, OH
Sept. 21 Nashville SC vs. Club América GEODIS Park, Nashville, TN
Sept. 22 Real Salt Lake vs. Atlas FC Rio Tinto Stadium, Sandy, UT
"We could not be more excited about hosting our first international match at GEODIS Park," said Nashville SC CEO Ian Ayre. "Nashville has been buzzing with excitement for soccer since we started in MLS in 2020 and even more so since we opened the doors to our new home. Facing off here against Mexico's most decorated club side is an awesome next step on our soccer journey."
"We're happy and excited to visit our amazing fans in Nashville as it's very important to us to stay connected to them and all our fans in the U.S.," said Sporting President of Club América Santiago Baños. "The timing couldn't be better as we will face our rival just days before Liguilla (LIGA MX playoffs). As a result, fans can expect our team to be in top shape and at our best moment. It will be a great match."
Nashville SC season ticket holders will be able to opt into this match starting on July 5th through July 19th. Starting the following date, season ticket holders, deposit holder members and groups will have priority access to purchase tickets through an exclusive one-day presale. Tickets to the public will be go on sale on Thursday, July 21 at 9 a.m. CT via Ticketmaster.
Club América and Chivas are two of the most successful clubs in LIGA MX with 13 and 12 titles, respectively. Atlas FC is the current LIGA MX Campeón de Campeones - the overall Mexican league champion - given the club's back-to-back Apertura 2021 and Clausura 2022 season wins.
MLS and LIGA MX - which entered a partnership in 2018 rooted in the on-field rivalry as well as the true spirit of collaboration off the field - will pause their respective seasons for one month during the 2023 summer to play Leagues Cup, showcasing the soccer infrastructure and capabilities in the region in the years leading into the 2026 FIFA World Cup in the U.S., Canada and Mexico - the first World Cup to feature 48 countries.
The Leagues Cup Showcase, sponsored by BODYARMOR, will be broadcast on Univision and ESPN platforms in the United States, and TUDN platforms in Mexico. Additional information on the September matches, including media accreditation, will be announced at a later date.
For more information regarding Leagues Cup, visit https://www.leaguescup.com/.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 30, 2022
- Pereira's Long-Range Strike Lifts Austin FC to Away Win over Charlotte FC - Austin FC
- Wonder Goal Spoils Formidable Charlotte FC Performance - Charlotte FC
- LA Galaxy Announce Programming for Fourth of July Match against CF Montréal - LA Galaxy
- Leagues Cup Showcase Returns to Utah as Real Salt Lake Host Liga MX Campeon Atlas FC on September 22 - Real Salt Lake
- New Voting Process for Club Awards - Club de Foot Montreal
- Columbus Crew Names Dan Lock Head of Individual Development and Coaching for Crew 2 and Crew Academy - Columbus Crew SC
- The Stage Is Set for the MLS NEXT Cup Playoffs Semifinals - MLS
- FC Cincinnati to Host Club Deportivo Guadalajara in Leagues Cup Showcase at TQL Stadium - FC Cincinnati
- Nashville Soccer Club to Host Club América in a Leagues Cup Showcase Match on September 21 - Nashville SC
- Three Leagues Cup Showcase Matches Coming this September - MLS
- Five Points: Don't Quit - New York City FC
- New York Red Bulls Sign Defender Juan Castillo to Short-Term Loan Ahead of Match against Atlanta United FC - New York Red Bulls
- D.C. United Announce Broadcast for Audi Football Summit Match against FC Bayern Munich - D.C. United
- Midea to Become Largest Contributing Partner for NYCFC Foundation 'City in the Community' (CITC) - New York City FC
- Inter Miami CF Names Victor Oliver Senior Vice President, Facilities Revenues & Operations - Inter Miami CF
- LA Galaxy Fall 3-2 to Minnesota United FC at Dignity Health Sports Park on Wednesday Night - LA Galaxy
- MNUFC Scores Three in First Road Win at la Galaxy - Minnesota United FC
- Ten-Man Timbers Down Houston Dynamo FC 2-1 at Providence Park - Portland Timbers
- LAFC Claims 3-1 Win over FC Dallas - Los Angeles FC
- Late Rally Falls Short as Dynamo Drop 2-1 Result at Portland - Houston Dynamo FC
- Sounders FC Falls 2-1 at Home to CF Montréal - Seattle Sounders FC
- FC Dallas Falls 3-1 to LAFC - FC Dallas
- CF Montréal Rallies past Seattle - Club de Foot Montreal
- Toronto FC (1) - Columbus Crew (2) Post Game Summary - Toronto FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville SC Stories
- Audi MLS Cup Playoff Bound Nashville Soccer Club Concludes Regular Season Home Schedule
- Nashville Soccer Club Clinches Berth in the Audi MLS Cup Playoffs for the Third Consecutive Season
- GEODIS Preview: Nashville SC Hosts Houston Dynamo FC on Fan Appreciation Night at GEODIS Park
- Nashville Soccer Club Partners with Brian Wooden, ROOTED on First-Ever Streetwear Apparel Collaboration
- Nashville Soccer Club Announces 2022 Team Awards