Moose to Host Teddy Bear Toss Game Presented by Red River Co-Op
Winnipeg - The Manitoba Moose Hockey Club holds its annual Teddy Bear Toss, presented by Red River Co-op, when the Moose host the Toronto Marlies Saturday, Dec. 15 at 6 p.m. at Bell MTS Place.
Fans attending the Dec. 15 game are encouraged to bring new plush toys to the rink. During the first intermission, fans can toss their toys onto the ice where they will be collected and donated to the Christmas Cheer Board to help bring smiles to children in need this holiday season.
For anyone unable to bring a plush toy to the game, a limited number of toys will be available for purchase on the concourse for a cash donation to the Christmas Cheer Board. The concourse tables will be staffed by volunteers from the Christmas Cheer Board and Manitoba Moose family members. Plastic bags to keep the toys fresh and dry will be available on the concourse when fans enter Bell MTS Place.
The goal of this year's Teddy Bear Toss is to break the Moose all-time record set in 2016 when fans tossed 2,905 plush toys to the ice.
The Christmas Cheer Board was started in 1919 by a number of Winnipeg churches. The original intent was to provide Christmas hampers and toys for the widows and orphans of the soldiers lost during World War One. The Christmas Cheer Board provides over 18,000 Christmas hampers to individuals and families annually. Families assisted include those receiving Employment Income Assistance (EIA) as well many low-income families and pensioners. Others served may include unemployed persons, and recent immigrants.
A post-game Autograph Alley will follow Manitoba's matchup against Toronto.
Tickets for the Moose Teddy Bear Toss game on Saturday, Dec. 15 are already 90% sold out! Remaining tickets are available at moosehockey.com/tickets.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 4, 2018
- Phantoms Weekly - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Megan Recalled, Sadowy Reassigned - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Admirals Recall Overhardt from Atlanta - Milwaukee Admirals
- Bears Weekly: Teddy Bear Toss Sets Tone for Busy December - Hershey Bears
- P-Bruins Week in Review - Providence Bruins
- Moose Sign Austin Carroll - Manitoba Moose
- Bears Sign Defender Ryan Sproul to AHL Contract - Hershey Bears
- Streaking Griffins Face Rampage, IceHogs and Wild - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Panthers Return G Michael Hutchinson to Springfield - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Kings Assign Sheldon Rempal to Reign - Ontario Reign
- Moose to Host Teddy Bear Toss Game Presented by Red River Co-Op - Manitoba Moose
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Phantoms Loan F Krushelnyski to Royals - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Gionta Returned to Bridgeport, Gibson Recalled by the Islanders - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Weekly: Penguins to Host Monsters for the First Time in Nearly a Decade - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Moose Sign Mingo, Release Glover - Manitoba Moose
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 9 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Barracuda Top Gulls, Earn Fifth Home Win in a Row - San Jose Barracuda
- San Jose Speeds by Gulls - San Diego Gulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.