Megan Recalled, Sadowy Reassigned
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. - The Detroit Red Wings on Tuesday recalled center Wade Megan from the Grand Rapids Griffins and reassigned forward Dylan Sadowy from the Griffins to the ECHL's Toledo Walleye.
Megan, 28, has split his first season with the Red Wings organization between Grand Rapids and Detroit. In 14 games with the Griffins, he shows seven points (3-4 - 7), a plus-two rating and 14 penalty minutes. Skating in six contests with the Red Wings, Megan has recorded nine shots on goal and two PIM while averaging 7:59 of ice time.
The 6-foot-1, 190-pound center became the 172nd Griffins alumnus to play in the NHL when he made his Red Wings debut on Nov. 1 vs. New Jersey.
Originally drafted by the Florida Panthers in the fifth round, 138th overall, of the 2009 NHL Entry Draft, Megan produced his first NHL goal in his debut with the St. Louis Blues on Dec. 22, 2016, at Tampa Bay. He's totaled 10 career NHL games between the Blues (2016-18) and Red Wings.
Now in his sixth full pro season, Megan sports 160 points (81-79 - 160), a plus-30 rating and 238 PIM in 340 career AHL regular season games between San Antonio (2012-15), Portland (2015-16), Chicago (2016-18) and Grand Rapids. He was named to the AHL First All-Star Team and won the Willie Marshall Award after leading the league with 33 goals during his first season with Chicago in 2016-17.
Playing in his third pro season, Sadowy, 22, has appeared in six games with the Griffins and recorded two PIM. Originally drafted by San Jose in the third round of the 2014 NHL Entry Draft and acquired by Detroit in May 2016, Sadowy has tallied 57 career contests with Grand Rapids since 2016-17, posting six points (4-2 - 6) and 27 PIM.
In six games for the Walleye this season, Sadowy shows eight points (6-2 - 8), a plus-three rating and 17 PIM. A 6-foot-1, 210-pound winger, Sadowy has appeared in 51 career ECHL games since 2016-17 and shows 41 points (19-22 - 41) and 51 PIM. He added four points (3-1 - 4) in nine games during his Kelly Cup Playoff debut last season.
The Griffins are on a seven-game point and five-game winning streak and host the San Antonio Rampage tomorrow at 7 p.m. to close out a four-game homestand.
Single-game tickets are currently on sale. Fans can secure their full-season, select-season or group ticket packages by calling (616) 774-4585 ext. 2 or visit griffinshockey.com for more information.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 4, 2018
- Phantoms Weekly - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Megan Recalled, Sadowy Reassigned - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Admirals Recall Overhardt from Atlanta - Milwaukee Admirals
- Bears Weekly: Teddy Bear Toss Sets Tone for Busy December - Hershey Bears
- P-Bruins Week in Review - Providence Bruins
- Moose Sign Austin Carroll - Manitoba Moose
- Bears Sign Defender Ryan Sproul to AHL Contract - Hershey Bears
- Streaking Griffins Face Rampage, IceHogs and Wild - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Panthers Return G Michael Hutchinson to Springfield - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Kings Assign Sheldon Rempal to Reign - Ontario Reign
- Moose to Host Teddy Bear Toss Game Presented by Red River Co-Op - Manitoba Moose
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Phantoms Loan F Krushelnyski to Royals - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Gionta Returned to Bridgeport, Gibson Recalled by the Islanders - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Weekly: Penguins to Host Monsters for the First Time in Nearly a Decade - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Moose Sign Mingo, Release Glover - Manitoba Moose
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 9 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Barracuda Top Gulls, Earn Fifth Home Win in a Row - San Jose Barracuda
- San Jose Speeds by Gulls - San Diego Gulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Rapids Griffins Stories
- 2019 IIHF World Championship Features 10 Current Or Former Griffins
- Red Wings Sign Dylan McIlrath to Two-Year Extension
- Griffins' 2019-20 Home Opener Set for October 11
- Griffins Sign Charle-Edouard D'Astous to Two-Year Deal
- Game 5 Loss Ends Griffins' Season