Weekly: Penguins to Host Monsters for the First Time in Nearly a Decade
Wednesday, Nov. 28 - PENGUINS 3 at Hershey 1
The Penguins raced out to great start and downed their bitter rival on their home ice. Thomas Di Pauli scored twice in the first period, and Adam Johnson tacked on a power play goal in the middle frame.
Friday, Nov. 30 - PENGUINS 0 at Rochester 1
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton was stymied by a hot goaltender and handed its first shutout loss of the season. Despite generating great scoring chances all night long, Amerks goalie Scott Wedgewood stopped all 35 shots taken by the Pens.
Saturday, Dec. 1 - PENGUINS 4 at Toronto 7
The Penguins came out swinging, scoring twice in the first three minutes of the game, including Anthony Angello's team-leading eighth goal of the year. The defending Calder Cup Champs rattled off an impressive run of scoring before the Pens started a third period comeback that fell short.
The Week Ahead
Friday, Dec. 7 - PENGUINS vs. Cleveland
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton welcomes Cleveland to Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza for the first time since Feb. 11, 2009, when they were still known as the Lake Erie Monsters. The Penguins are 2-0-0-0 against the Monsters this season.
Saturday, Nov. 8 - PENGUINS vs. Bridgeport
The Penguins and Sound Tigers meet on Pens' home ice for the first time this season. The Pens try to avenge a high-scoring, 8-5 defeat against Bridgeport in their only clash this year.
Sunday, Dec. 9 - PENGUINS at Hershey
The Penguins look to add another win at Giant Center in a 5:00 p.m. Sunday treat in Hershey. Wilkes-Barre/Scranton is 8-1-1-1 in its last 11 visits to Chocolatetown.
- Thomas Di Pauli played in his 100th AHL game on Wednesday, Nov. 28 at Hershey and celebrated with the third two-goal game of his career.
- In his return to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, Jean-Sébastien Dea posted nine shots on goal on Friday, a season-high for any Penguins player.
- Joseph Cramarossa's next game will be his 300th as a pro.
- Teddy Blueger has 10 points in his last 11 games (2G-8A) and has assumed sole possession of the team lead in points (16).
- The Penguins shutout loss on Friday was the first time they had been blanked since Mar. 3, 2018 at Rockford (42 games).
UPCOMING GAME SCHEDULE
DATE OPPONENT LOCATION TIME
Fri, Dec. 7 Cleveland Mohegan Sun Arena 7:05 p.m.
Sat, Dec. 8 Bridgeport Mohegan Sun Arena 3:05 p.m.
Sun, Dec. 9 Hershey Giant Center 5:00 p.m.
Thu, Nov. 29 (C) Jean-Sébastien Dea Reassigned by PIT
Sat, Dec. 1 (G) Evan Cormier Signed to ATO
Sun, Dec. 2 (G) Evan Cormier Released from ATO
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 4, 2018
- Phantoms Weekly - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Megan Recalled, Sadowy Reassigned - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Admirals Recall Overhardt from Atlanta - Milwaukee Admirals
- Bears Weekly: Teddy Bear Toss Sets Tone for Busy December - Hershey Bears
- P-Bruins Week in Review - Providence Bruins
- Moose Sign Austin Carroll - Manitoba Moose
- Bears Sign Defender Ryan Sproul to AHL Contract - Hershey Bears
- Streaking Griffins Face Rampage, IceHogs and Wild - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Panthers Return G Michael Hutchinson to Springfield - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Kings Assign Sheldon Rempal to Reign - Ontario Reign
- Moose to Host Teddy Bear Toss Game Presented by Red River Co-Op - Manitoba Moose
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Phantoms Loan F Krushelnyski to Royals - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Gionta Returned to Bridgeport, Gibson Recalled by the Islanders - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Weekly: Penguins to Host Monsters for the First Time in Nearly a Decade - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Moose Sign Mingo, Release Glover - Manitoba Moose
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 9 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Barracuda Top Gulls, Earn Fifth Home Win in a Row - San Jose Barracuda
- San Jose Speeds by Gulls - San Diego Gulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins Stories
- Penguins Defeat Wolf Pack in Overtime, 5-4
- Penguins Tie Game Late, But Lose in Overtime to Comets
- RECAP: Penguins Battle Bears to Shootout, Lose 4-3
- Penguins Reassign Brown and Spinozzi to Wheeling
- Weekly: Penguins Return Home for Military Appreciation Night on Saturday