MONSTERS GAME SUMMARY: Monsters Sunk by Admirals, 4-1
CLEVELAND - The AHL's defending Calder Cup Champions, the Cleveland Monsters, proudly powered by Constellation, were defeated by the Milwaukee Admirals on Saturday at The Q by a final score of 4-1. With the loss, the Monsters fell to 8-11-1-1 overall this season and with a .429 points percentage, currently remain alone in seventh place in the AHL's Central Division standings.
Milwaukee's Trevor Murphy sent a right-circle slap shot through Cleveland net-minder Anton Forsberg in the game's first minute, as the Admirals blue-liner made it 1-0 for the visitors at even-strength just 41 seconds into the opening frame. Then, at 15:26 of the first, Monsters defenseman Blake Siebenaler leveled the score at one apiece with his first professional tally, a four-on-four marker set up by Daniel Zaar and Justin Scott. Murphy and the Admirals struck back at 17:42 however, as the Ads d-man collected his second marker of the game on the power-play to make it 2-1 Milwaukee.
After a scoreless middle frame, the Admirals added a pair of even-strength tallies in the third, from Vladislav Kamenev and Justin Florek at 54 seconds and 11:31 respectively, to skate away winners by a final score of 4-1. Forsberg fell to 6-6-1 in net for Cleveland despite a 19-save performance while Marek Mazanec improved to 3-1-1 between the pipes for Milwaukee after denying all but one of the 29 shots he faced on Saturday.
Next up for the Monsters, it's a Tuesday home clash vs. the Grand Rapids Griffins with full coverage, live from The Q, underway at 7:00 pm on 99X and the Monsters Hockey Network.
Tickets for every Monsters home game start at just $10 and are on sale now! Full and partial season ticket memberships are also available and provide you with the best seat locations, custom member benefits and the lowest ticket prices. Group outing and birthday bash packages for 10 or more people are also on sale now. All tickets can be purchased by visiting ClevelandMonsters.com, calling (216) 420-0000, visiting The Q Box Office or any Northern Ohio Discount Drug Mart. Be sure to follow the Monsters on Twitter @monstershockey, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/clevelandmonsters, and on Instagram at www.instagram.com/monstershockey .
The Cleveland Monsters are part of the Cleveland Cavaliers and Quicken Loans Arena organization and also owned by a group led by Cavaliers Majority Owner and Quicken Loans Founder and Chairman Dan Gilbert. The group also owns and operates the Cleveland Gladiators of the Arena Football League playing at Quicken Loans Arena and the Canton Charge of the NBA Development League playing in nearby Canton, Ohio at the Canton Civic Center.
- ClevelandMonsters.com -
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 3, 2016
- Ontario Reign Battle; Edge Checkers on Teddy Bear Toss - Ontario Reign
- Griffins Extend Point Streak to Five, Defeat Rockford 4-1 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- GAME RECAP: Former Checkers Haunt Team in Loss to Ontario - Charlotte Checkers
- Wolves Escape Wild, 4-2, at Allstate - Chicago Wolves
- Wilcox Earns First Professional Shutout in 4-0 Win over Amerks - Syracuse Crunch
- Weal Snaps Home Overtime Winner at Hershey - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Wolves Best Wild 4-2 - Iowa Wild
- Providence Loses Third Period Lead, Fall to Springfield in OT 3-2 - Providence Bruins
- Comets Sweep Weekend Series with the Devils - Utica Comets
- Binghamton's Struggles Continue in 4-0 Loss to Bridgeport - Binghamton Senators
- Game Recap: Sound Tigers 4, Senators 0 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Devils Dropped by Comets for Second Straight Game - Albany Devils
- WOLF PACK GAME RECAP - Hartford Wolf Pack 3, Toronto Marlies 2 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- MONSTERS GAME SUMMARY: Monsters Sunk by Admirals, 4-1 - Cleveland Monsters
- Manitoba Moose Recap: Texas 6 at Manitoba 1 - Manitoba Moose
- Rampage Players to Team up with Any Baby Can Members Monday - San Antonio Rampage
- Hildebrand Recalled from Indy - Rockford IceHogs
- RECAP: Power Play Propells Penguins Past IceCaps, 6-2 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Syracuse Crunch Sign Defenseman Mathieu Brodeur to PTO - Syracuse Crunch
- RECAP | Penguins Punish IceCaps 6-2 - St. John's IceCaps
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Syracuse Crunch Announce Holiday Pack - Syracuse Crunch
- Reign Celebrate Teddy Bear Toss Tonight - Ontario Reign
- Ottawa Senators Reassign Macoy Erkamps, Gabriel Gagne to Binghamton - Binghamton Senators
- Red Wings Recall Brian Lashoff and Tomas Nosek - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rockford Downed by Wolves, 4-1 - Rockford IceHogs
- Ontario Reign Offense Bounces Back with 4-1 Victory over Tucson - Ontario Reign
- Condors Shutout Charlotte, 3-0; Host Tucson on Saturday - Bakersfield Condors
- Checkers Blanked in Bakersfield - Charlotte Checkers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cleveland Monsters Stories
- Monsters Sign Forward Zach Jordan to AHL Contract
- Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse Hosts Select Initial Public Events
- Monsters Launch Digital Fan Salute Week Presented by Rascal House
- American Hockey League Cancels Remainder of 2019-20 Regular Season, Playoffs
- Monsters Sign Forward Matthew Struthers to AHL Contract