Monarchs Take Commanding 3-0 Series Lead over Thunder
MANCHESTER, N.H. - The Manchester Monarchs took a 3-0 series lead over the Adirondack Thunder, Wednesday night at SNHU Arena with a 3-2 overtime victory.
The Monarchs (3-0-0-0) and the Thunder (0-2-1-0) battled evenly to a 2-2 tie after 60 minutes, but the Monarchs came away with the overtime victory, 3-2.
The Monarchs scored first at 14:52 of the first period when Drake Rymsha scored his first goal of the playoffs. Pierre-Luc Mercier centered a pass to Rymsha, who had an open net to shoot at and buried the shot, past Thunder goaltender Evan Cormier, to make the score, 1-0.
The Thunder tied the game at 4:19 of the second period when Cullen Bradshaw scored his first of the playoffs on the power play. Peter MacArthur wristed a shot from the top of the right circle, where Bradshaw tipped the puck past Monarchs goaltender Charles Williams, to make the score, 1-1.
The Thunder took the lead at 9:07 of the second period when Bradshaw scored his second of the playoffs, with his second power-play goal of the game. After two unsuccessful scoring attempts, Bradshaw found the puck on the goal line and lifted it over the glove of Williams, making the score, 2-1.
The Monarchs tied it up again at 10:43 of the second period when Michael Doherty scored his second goal of playoffs. After Sam Kurker backhanded a shot towards goal, Doherty crashed the net and found the puck under the leg of Cormier pushing it over the goal line, making the score, 2-2.
After a scoreless third period, the Monarchs skated away with the overtime win. Kevin Dufour scored his second goal of the playoffs, after he picked up a pass from Tony Cameranesi at the tops of the circles and fired the puck through the legs of Cormier, making the final score 3-2.
Tickets to see your Monarchs back in the playoffs for the 17th time in 18 years can be purchased HERE, for as low as $6. Contact the Monarchs front office for Pay as We Play playoff tickets, at 603-626-7825 or click HERE to sign up.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 17, 2019
- Mavericks Edge Oilers for 2-1 Series Lead - Tulsa Oilers
- Power Play Scores for Third Straight Game as K-Wings Fall 4-1 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Cyclones Offense Back on Track with Game 3 Win - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Monarchs Take Commanding 3-0 Series Lead over Thunder - Manchester Monarchs
- 'Blades Weekly: Division Semifinals Series with IceMen Shifts to Jacksonville - Florida Everblades
- Bajkov Returned from AHL's Springfield Thunderbirds - Florida Everblades
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Stingrays - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - April 17 - ECHL
- Cyclones Game Preview: Kelly Cup Playoffs- Round 1, Game 3 vs. Kalamazoo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Athletic Knit Named "Exclusive Jersey Provider of the ECHL" - ECHL
- Game Day: Playoff Hockey Returns to Wings Event Center - Kalamazoo Wings
- O'Brien Scores in Double Overtime, Growlers Lead Series 3-0 - Newfoundland Growlers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.