Bajkov Returned from AHL's Springfield Thunderbirds
ESTERO, Fla. - The Florida Panthers have assigned forward Patrick Bajkov to the Florida Everblades from the American Hockey League's Springfield Thunderbirds, Everblades head coach Brad Ralph announced on Wednesday.
A native of Nanaimo, British Columbia, Bajkov posted 14 points on four goals and 10 assists in 31 regular season games with the Everblades.
In his most recent stint with Florida, his third with the team this season, Bajkov notched a goal and six assists in 16 games. He had an individual season-high four-game point streak from March 27-April 5 that saw him post a goal and three assists.
In 18 games for the Thunderbirds, Bajkov tabbed five points on three goals and two assists. He has also suited up in a pair of games for the ECHL's Manchester Monarchs.
Prior to turning professional, Bajkov played for the Everett Silvertips of the Western Hockey League for the last five seasons and registered a 100-point season last year with 33 goals and 67 assists in 72 games. A 6-foot, 183-pound right winger, Bajkov finished his major junior career as Everett's franchise leader in goals (112), assists (176), and points (288).
The Everblades head on the road for the first time in the 2019 Kelly Cup Playoffs when they battle the Jacksonville Icemen on Thursday at 7 p.m. at Veterans Memorial Arena. Fans can listen to the game on 99.3 FM ESPN or online at 993espn.com.
Join the FUN and 'Blades FAMILY by SAVING with Season Tickets or a Flexible Package that fit into your schedule and budget, plus receive FREE gifts and benefits!
SPECIAL OFFER! Purchase a new Season Ticket or Flexible Package for the 2019-20 season and receive a $20 gift card to Ford's Garage and an Everblades tote bag!
Private tours of Hertz Arena are available to select your season seats! Call the Florida Everblades Front Office at 239-948-7825 to schedule your tour today!
Images from this story
Florida Everblades forward Patrick Bajkov
(Kevin Bires Photography)
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 17, 2019
- Mavericks Edge Oilers for 2-1 Series Lead - Tulsa Oilers
- Power Play Scores for Third Straight Game as K-Wings Fall 4-1 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Cyclones Offense Back on Track with Game 3 Win - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Monarchs Take Commanding 3-0 Series Lead over Thunder - Manchester Monarchs
- 'Blades Weekly: Division Semifinals Series with IceMen Shifts to Jacksonville - Florida Everblades
- Bajkov Returned from AHL's Springfield Thunderbirds - Florida Everblades
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Stingrays - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - April 17 - ECHL
- Cyclones Game Preview: Kelly Cup Playoffs- Round 1, Game 3 vs. Kalamazoo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Athletic Knit Named "Exclusive Jersey Provider of the ECHL" - ECHL
- Game Day: Playoff Hockey Returns to Wings Event Center - Kalamazoo Wings
- O'Brien Scores in Double Overtime, Growlers Lead Series 3-0 - Newfoundland Growlers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Florida Everblades Stories
- 'Blades Weekly: One Sweep Down; Home Opener on the Horizon
- Two for Tanner: Jeannot's Two Strikes Help 'Blades Sweep Norfolk
- Opening Statement: 'Blades Top Admirals 4-3 to Pick up First Win
- Everblades Announce 2019-20 Season-Opening Roster
- WJBX News, Talk & More Returns as Broadcast Home of the 'Blades