Cyclones Offense Back on Track with Game 3 Win
Kalamazoo, MI - The Cincinnati Cyclones took down the Kalamazoo Wings, 4-1, in Game 3 of the Central Division Semifinals of the 2019 Kelly Cup Playoffs presented by Smile Direct Club. Cincinnati now leads the best-of-seven game series, 2-1. The Cyclones received goals from forwards Judd Peterson, Ben Johnson, Jesse Schultz, and Alex Wideman.
Cincinnati took a 1-0 lead 9:38 into the opening period when defenseman Tobie Bisson attempted a wrap-around on the right side, and Peterson was there to slam in the rebound to give the Cyclones the edge after 20 minutes.
In the second, the Cyclones special teams came to life when Johnson took a pass from forward Pascal Aquin on a 2-on-0 shorthanded rush and scored to lift Cincinnati to a 2-0 advantage after the frame.
Cincinnati's power play got going in the third, as just 2:54 in Wideman sent a pass to Schultz in the right circle, and he hammered home his second of the playoffs to give the Cyclones a 3-0 lead.
After Kalamazoo got on the board with a power play goal from defenseman Kyle Bushee to trim their deficit to 3-1, the Cyclones power play got back to work 7:28 in when forward Myles Powell slid a pass to Wideman who scored to restore Cincinnati's three-goal lead, 4-1.
That is all the offense Cincinnati needed, as goaltender Michael Houser stopped all nine he faced in the frame to preserve the Cyclones' 4-1 win. The Cyclones were outshot, 29-24, with Houser stopping 28 in the win. Game 4 goes on Friday from Kalamazoo, with the face-off scheduled for 7:30pm ET.
The 2018-19 season has come to an end and the 2019 Kelly Cup Playoffs presented by Smile Direct Club are HERE! The 2018-19 ECHL Brabham Cup Champion Cincinnati Cyclones want YOU along for the ride, and playoff tickets are on sale NOW starting at $18 per seat for single game tickets and $15 per seat for groups of 20 or more! Call (513) 421-PUCK for tickets and more information, and stay on top of all the latest team updates and information on Facebook, Twitter (@CincyCyclones), and Instagram, along with our website, www.cycloneshockey.com!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 17, 2019
- Mavericks Edge Oilers for 2-1 Series Lead - Tulsa Oilers
- Power Play Scores for Third Straight Game as K-Wings Fall 4-1 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Cyclones Offense Back on Track with Game 3 Win - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Monarchs Take Commanding 3-0 Series Lead over Thunder - Manchester Monarchs
- 'Blades Weekly: Division Semifinals Series with IceMen Shifts to Jacksonville - Florida Everblades
- Bajkov Returned from AHL's Springfield Thunderbirds - Florida Everblades
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Stingrays - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - April 17 - ECHL
- Cyclones Game Preview: Kelly Cup Playoffs- Round 1, Game 3 vs. Kalamazoo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Athletic Knit Named "Exclusive Jersey Provider of the ECHL" - ECHL
- Game Day: Playoff Hockey Returns to Wings Event Center - Kalamazoo Wings
- O'Brien Scores in Double Overtime, Growlers Lead Series 3-0 - Newfoundland Growlers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cincinnati Cyclones Stories
- Cyclones Season Comes to An End Following Game 5 Loss
- Cyclones Pushed to the Brink Following Game 4 Loss
- Cyclones Game Preview: 2019 Kelly Cup Playoffs- Central Division Final, Game 4 vs. Toledo
- Cyclones Drop Game 3 in Toledo
- Cyclones Game Preview: 2019 Kelly Cup Playoffs- Central Division Final, Game 3 vs. Toledo