Monarchs Announce Player Transaction
MANCHESTER, N.H. - Manchester Monarchs Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations, Rich Seeley, announced today that Jordan LaVallee-Smotherman has been loaned to the Springfield Thunderbirds (AHL).
The Monarchs are the ECHL affiliate of the National Hockey League's Los Angeles Kings and the American Hockey League's Ontario Reign.
LaVallee-Smotherman, 30, played in six games for the Monarchs since signing a Standard Player Contract on Nov. 14, and scored five points on four goals and one assist.
The 6-foot-3, 225-pound native of Corvallis, Ore., was a fourth-round pick (#116 overall) of the Atlanta Thrashers in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft. In his professional career, LaVallee-Smotherman has played in 368 AHL games with the Chicago Wolves, Syracuse Crunch and Providence Bruins, recording 164 points on 78 goals and 86 assists, along with 400 penalty minutes. The left-shot forward has also played in four career NHL games with the Thrashers, recording two points on a goal and an assist.
LaVallee-Smotherman has played overseas for the last five seasons where he logged 240 games and scored 191 points on 113 goals and 78 assists. In his career, LaVallee-Smotherman has won the Calder Cup with the Wolves in 2008, led the Danish League in scoring (60 points) and goals (31) during the 2011-12 season and was a Memorial Cup Champion (CHL) in 2006 when playing for the Québec Remparts.
The Monarchs are back in action Saturday, Dec. 3 (6 p.m.) when they host the Kalamazoo Wings at SNHU Arena for the first time in franchise history.
Don't miss the annual Teddy Bear Toss Game on Sunday, Dec. 4 (3 p.m.), when the Monarchs finish their two-game series with the Wings. Fans are encouraged to throw teddy bears onto the ice after the first Monarchs goal, with all teddy bears to be donated to children in the surrounding Manchester community.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 3, 2016
- STEELHEADS: Shootout Sharp - Herbert, Komm Seal Shootout Win Over - Idaho Steelheads
- Marcotte Nets Pair in 2-1 Win over Rush - Wichita Thunder
- Americans Win the Teddy Bear Game 4-2 - Allen Americans
- Solar Bears Rally Falls Short in 8-6 Loss to Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Recap: Cyclones Take Down Mavericks in Thrilling Fashion - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Royals Hold on for the Sweep in Norfolk, 2-1 - Reading Royals
- McCarron's Four Goals Lifts 'Blades to 8-6 Win OverOrlando - Florida Everblades
- GAME REPORT: Allen Defeats Oilers 4-2 to Split Weekend Series - Tulsa Oilers
- Mavericks Erase Two-Goal Deficit, Fall in Shootout - Kansas City Mavericks
- Zajac's Late Goal Gives Rays Win over Greenville - South Carolina Stingrays
- Walleye Blank Mallards 3-0 - Quad City Mallards
- Royals Outlast Admirals in Tight Battle - Norfolk Admirals
- Monarchs Clip Wings, 4-2 - Manchester Monarchs
- Former Solar Bears Player Mike Liambas Makes NHL Debut With - Orlando Solar Bears
- BRODEUR SIGNED PTO WITH SYRACUSE - Adirondack Thunder
- Game Recap: Late Barrage from K-Wings Not Enough in Manchester - Kalamazoo Wings
- Jake Hildebrand Recalled by IceHogs - Indy Fuel
- Game Day Storylines vs Alaska - Idaho Steelheads
- Monarchs Announce Player Transaction - Manchester Monarchs
- Nailers Loan Derek Army to Milwaukee Admirals - Wheeling Nailers
- Komets Stun Mavericks 6-5 in OT - Fort Wayne Komets
- December 3 at Cincinnati - Kansas City Mavericks
- Big Second Period Fuels Oilers to Victory in Allen - Tulsa Oilers
- Gameday-Adirondack (12-3-1-3) vs. Colorado (10-6-1-3) - Adirondack Thunder
- Mallards Game Day - Quad City Mallards
- Monarchs Game Day Capsule - Manchester Monarchs
- Aces Fall in Overtime at Idaho Friday - Alaska Aces
- Who's the Boss! Basaraba's OT Winner Top Aces - Idaho Steelheads
- Melindy Completes Comeback Win in Rapid City - Wichita Thunder
- Rush Extend Point Streak to 8 Games - Rapid City Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.