Mavericks Welcome Root, Holmstrom and Finn Back to Missouri
INDEPENDENCE, MO - The Missouri Mavericks announced Monday morning that familiar faces Jesse Root, Josh Holmstrom, and Matt Finn, have been reassigned to the Missouri Mavericks by the New York Islanders-the Mavericks' National Hockey League (NHL) affiliate.
Veteran defenseman Patrick Cullity, has been signed to a professional try out (PTO) with the Bridgeport Sound Tigers of the American Hockey League (AHL) and rookie forwards Carter Verhaeghe and Colin Markison have been recalled from loan to the Sound Tigers.
Root was re-assigned to the Sound Tigers in early December, at the time holding the title of leading goal-scorer for the Missouri Mavericks and one of the top scorers in the ECHL. He was awarded the title of CCM/ECHL Player of the Month for November. Through 7 games in Bridgeport, Root notched 1 assist.
Holmstrom was recalled to the Sound Tigers a week following teammate Root to play alongside brother Ben Holmstrom. Holmstrom returns to Missouri with 5 goals and 8 assists through 23 games in a Mavericks' sweater this season. Through 6 games with the Sound Tigers, Holmstrom was credited with 1 assist.
Defenseman Matt Finn has made only one appearance with the Mavs this season, scoring 1 goal for Missouri during their home game against the Wichita Thunder on November 7th. In 18 games with the Sound Tigers, Finn scored 1 goal and 2 assists.
The Missouri Mavericks are on the road for the next two weeks before they return home to Silverstein Eye Centers Arena on Friday, Jan. 22nd. Fans are encouraged to catch all the Mavericks hockey action at one of the Mavs' three Official Watch Party Destinations: Rock & Brews- Overland Park, The Blue Line, and Drumm Farm Golf Club.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 4, 2016
- Radio Recon's Ready for Another Minuteman Marksman to Load, Aim and Fire - Reading Royals
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report - Wheeling Nailers
- Allen Americans Weekly Update - Allen Americans
- Thunder Acquire Former CHL Champion from Rapid City - Wichita Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - January 4 - ECHL
- Rush Acquire Gauthier - Rapid City Rush
- Mavericks Add Scott Wamsganz to Roster - Kansas City Mavericks
- Oil Drops: Weekly Report - Tulsa Oilers
- Jackals Weekly - Elmira Jackals
- Stockton Heat Assign Kent Simpson to Adirondack - Adirondack Thunder
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Stingrays Weekly News and Notes - South Carolina Stingrays
- Jacob MacDonald Named AMI Graphics ECHL Plus Performer of the Month - Elmira Jackals
- Colorado Eagles Weekly Snapshot - Colorado Eagles
- Walleye Set Sellout Record - Toledo Walleye
- Elmira's MacDonald Named AMI Graphics ECHL Plus Performer of the Month - ECHL
- Eight-game unbeaten streak moves Greenville up standings - ECHL
- Komets Streak into New Year - Fort Wayne Komets
- Cyclones Weekly - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Mavericks Welcome Root, Holmstrom and Finn Back to Missouri - Kansas City Mavericks
- Indy Fuel Weekly - Indy Fuel
- Baron Championship Rings Named "Official Championship Ring of the ECHL" - ECHL
- Admirals Release Goaltender Adam Courchaine - Norfolk Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.