Mavericks Sign Free Agent Forward Jack Walker
INDEPENDENCE, Mo. - Kansas City Mavericks Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations John-Scott Dickson announced Monday the team signed forward Jack Walker to a standard player contract for the 2019-20 season. Walker was a member of the Utah Grizzlies last season.
A native of Edina, Minnesota, Walker scored seven goals and put up 18 assists for 25 points in 38 games for the Grizzlies last season. The 23-year-old also spent time in Europe, playing in 15 games for the Aalborg Pirates of Metal Ligaen, the Danish hockey league, scoring one goal and posting one assist.
"I can't wait to get to Kansas City and getting the season going," Walker said, "I look forward to playing in front of our fans."
Walker was a sixth round pick (#152 overall) of the Toronto Maple Leafs in the 2016 NHL Draft.
In 78 games at the ECHL level, the five-foot-11 179-pound playmaking speedster has put up 54 points on 18 goals and 36 assists with the Rapid City Rush and Utah. He has also spent time in the American Hockey League, playing three games for the Iowa Wild in 2017-18.
The Kansas City Mavericks begin their 11th season this fall at Silverstein Eye Centers Arena in Independence, MO. The 2019-20 home schedule kicks off on Saturday, October 12 as the Mavericks take on the Indy Fuel at 7:05 p.m. For more information, visit kcmavericks.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from August 8, 2019
- Defenseman Garret Cockerill 11th to Sign with Royals for 2019-20 - Reading Royals
- Grizz Sign Stubbs and Mills to Tryout Contracts - Utah Grizzlies
- Forward Zack Andrusiak Added to Steelheads for 2019-20 Season - Idaho Steelheads
- Admirals Ink Backstop Alex Sakellaropoulos - Norfolk Admirals
- Thunder Announces Jersey of Hope - Wichita Thunder
- Solar Bears Hire Jared Staal as Assistant Coach - Orlando Solar Bears
- Mavericks Sign Free Agent Forward Jack Walker - Kansas City Mavericks
- Wings Assistant Coach Joel Martin Agrees to Two-Year Extension - Kalamazoo Wings
- Arizona State's Anthony Croston Signs with Thunder - Adirondack Thunder
- Matt Rupert Returns to Indy for 2019-20 Season - Indy Fuel
- Worcester Railers Sign Defenseman Anthony Florentino for 2019-20 Season - Worcester Railers HC
- Mariners to Honor Local NHL Referee Wes McCauley - Maine Mariners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.