Mavericks Re-Sign Brothers Darian and David Dziurzynski
INDEPENDENCE, Mo. - The Kansas City Mavericks Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations, John-Scott Dickson announced Tuesday the club has re-signed forwards Darian and David Dziurzynski. The two brothers from Lloydminster, Alberta, Canada return to Kansas City after impressive 2018-19 campaigns.
Darian, a fifth round (#141 overall) draft pick of the Phoenix Coyotes in the 2011 NHL Draft, was the Mavericks leading goal scorer last year, netting 27 goals and picking up 21 assists for 48 points in 69 games last year. This will be his third season with the Mavericks. In 86 career games with Kansas City, the six-foot-one, 205-pound 28-year old forward has scored 37 goals and tallied 24 assists for 51 points.
In 195 career ECHL games, Darian has 139 points on 76 goals and 63 assists.
David, a six-foot-three, 225-pound forward, notched 48 points on 18 goals and 30 assists last season for the Mavs and amassed 96 penalty minutes (second on team in 2018-19) in 62 games. David has played in 26 total games in the National Hockey League for the Ottawa Senators in 2012-13 and 2015-16, racking up six points on three goals and three assists along with 22 penalty minutes.
In 81 career ECHL games, David has scored 20 goals and notched 31 assists for 51 points.
The Kansas City Mavericks begin their 11th season this fall at Silverstein Eye Centers Arena in Independence, MO. The 2019-20 home schedule kicks off on Saturday, October 12 as the Mavericks take on the Indy Fuel at 7:05 p.m. For more information, visit kcmavericks.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from August 13, 2019
- Playmaker Zach Franko Signs with Greenville - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Tulsa Oilers and St. Louis Blues Continue Affiliation - Tulsa Oilers
- Thunder Adds Scoring Threat Crane - Wichita Thunder
- Mavericks Re-Sign Brothers Darian and David Dziurzynski - Kansas City Mavericks
- Defenseman Colton Saucerman Inked for 2019-20 Season - Idaho Steelheads
- Nailers Re-Sign Nick Saracino - Wheeling Nailers
- 'Blades Pick up Dynamic Offensive Piece, Agree to Terms with John Edwardh - Florida Everblades
- Leading Scorer Rauter Inks Back with Rush - Rapid City Rush
- Solar Bears Add Ryan Tait - Orlando Solar Bears
- Jordan Klimek Signed Following Trade for Rights - Maine Mariners
- Adirondack Signs 2018 Kelly Cup Hero Gabriel Verpaelst - Adirondack Thunder
- Admirals Sign 6'5 Rookie Defenseman Dalton Gally - Norfolk Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Mavericks Trade Mark Cooper's Rights to South Carolina for Rights to Forward Kozun and D-Man McKernan
- Mavericks Re-Sign Brothers Darian and David Dziurzynski
- Mavericks Release 2019-20 Promotional Schedule
- Mavericks Sign Free Agent Forward Jack Walker
- Mavericks Sign Rookie Forward Ryan Galt