Mavericks Make Roster Moves
INDEPENDENCE, Missouri - The Missouri Mavericks of the Central Hockey League (CHL) announced Tuesday the team has traded defenseman Andy Zulyniak to the Dayton Gems in exchange for future considerations. Mavericks' Head Coach Scott Hillman also announced defenseman Mike Wakita has been activated from the injured reserve and defensemen Dustin Friesen and J.P. Testwuide have been recalled by the Chicago Wolves.
Zulyniak, 26 (2/25/85), played in 15 games with the Mavericks and accounted for three assists and four penalty minutes. Defenseman Mike Wakita has been activated from the injured reserve and will take Zulyniak's place in the lineup.
"We had to make a change on our back end," said Mavericks' Head Coach Scott Hillman. "We were simply making too many big mistakes that have been costing us games. The first part of that change was adding Steven Kaunisto, and now with Mike Wakita healthy, we have the opportunity to get back down to six defensemen. Moving Andy over to Dayton will allow him to continue to develop and play in the Central Hockey League. We wish him well."
Defensemen Dustin Friesen and J.P. Testwuide have been recalled by the Chicago Wolves. Both players were assigned to the Mavericks on Saturday and played for Missouri in Saturday's win over the Dayton Gems.
"We once again benefitted this past weekend from our affiliation with Chicago when they sent us two outstanding leaders and professionals in Dustin Friesen and J.P. Testwuide," added Hillman. "Having active movement between our club and the American Hockey League is very beneficial to our team and our league and it is very exciting for our players. We wish them well while back in Chicago."
The Mavericks will travel to Quad City to take on the Mallards on Friday, December 9 at 7:05 p.m. It is the first of twelve broadcasts on Sports Radio 810 WHB. The Mavericks will then return home for a game Saturday, December 10 against the Allen Americans at Independence Events Center. The game is the Mavericks' annual Teddy Bear Toss and fans are encouraged to bring new teddy bears to throw on the ice after the Mavericks' first goal. Tickets for all regular season games are on sale via Ticketmaster at (800) 745-3000 or www.Ticketmaster.com . Call the Mavericks' office at (816) 252-7825 for more information or visit www.MissouriMavericks.com .
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from December 6, 2011
- Rush Fall Just Short Against Mallards by 3-2 Score - Rapid City Rush
- Bucks Lose in Heartbreaker - Laredo Bucks
- Killer Bees Fall to Americans 4-3 - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Mallards Drop Rush 3-2 - Quad City Mallards
- NYTEX Sports adds Tier 1 Hockey in New York - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Quad City's David McKee Named Oakley CHL Goaltender of the Week - CHL
- Mallards' McKee Named Oakley CHL Goaltender of the Week - Quad City Mallards
- Thunder to Find New Place on the Radio Dial - Wichita Thunder
- Mavericks Make Roster Moves - Kansas City Mavericks
- CHL-TV Introduces 5 and 10 Game Packs - CHL
- Dayton Gems Acquire Zulyniak in Trade with Missouri - Dayton Gems
- Area Family in Need to Receive a Dayton Gems Christmas - Dayton Gems
- Oilers Weekly Update - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Game Day Report: Mavericks Look to Bounce Back at Wichita
- Mavs' Win Streak Snapped at Seven
- Game Day Report: Mavericks, Thunder Continue Three-Game Set Friday
- Mavericks, Thunder Announce Salvation Army Kettle Challenge
- Mavericks Clinch Best Start in Team History with Seventh-Straight Win